• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you get emotionlly attatched to your Pokemon?

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
    Yes,I do get emotionally attached to my Pokemon but not all of them just my Blaziken,Alteria and my Absol.The others i just get attached since i din,t spend that much time training them but i still love them with my all.

I get very attracted to my pokemon on my gameboy. Sometimes its feels like the spirits of my deleted teams are still around. Its like nearly every good pokemon I train is a part of my soul or something.

Me too,I feel For my deleted Typlosion >:

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Ohoh my god! xDDDD

Becoming emotionally attached to pixels?!?!

ROFFLE WAFFLE!!
    No. I don't get emotionally attached to anything physical except friends, girls, weights, my camera and hair. xDDDD

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    I do have a tendency to get emotionally ettached to my Pokemon.

I love my entire LeafGreen team to bits, especially my Raichu and Vaporeon. Which is strange because I am a huge fan of fire-type Pokemon.

Also I love my Flygon on Emerald, mostly due to the fact it was the first time I had taken the time to raise a Dragon-type Pokemon during the course of the storyline (I usually wait until after to work with Dragon-types and mostly to complete my Pokedex).

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I do feel the spirit of my deleted Feraligatr whom was lovingly Nicknamed "Master Cho"...His legacy lives on forever...he was the first pokemon i ever got attached to...i miss him...
    It hurt me to sell my pokemon Gold game but i could still communicate with him ...until he was deleted by the next owner of the game pak...I knew the moment he was deleted that he was gone...Luckily he had a son i had stored on silver which i didnt trade away until i moved all my good pokemon to Crystal. I was sad when i lost crystal...

Animehero

Elite PKMN Trainer
    Years
    Ohoh my god! xDDDD

Becoming emotionally attached to pixels?!?!

ROFFLE WAFFLE!!
    No. I don't get emotionally attached to anything physical except friends, girls, weights, my camera and hair. xDDDD
    You sound like a good 'ol *****.

Soogz

Soogalicious
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2007
    I mean I don't know about attached, but I keep them close... They are good virtual pals so-to-speak.

~Misty~

*~The Tomboyish Mermaid~*
    Years
    Honestly, I really get attached to them. Like my Mew my bro got, I still go back to my Red version to see it!

I feel as though my Vulpix is sitting on my lap right now!

I wish Pokemon went beyond pixels!

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2007
    I mean if I had Nintendo Dogs, then probably I may be a little attached to them but for Pokemon... no. I mean, I probably showed an attachment with pikachu in Pokemon Yellow only because you could see his emotions but for the later Pokemon versions.. I mean, common we can't even see what their emotions are with a press of a button. We have to go through other menus and that's not very cool.
    I just like the storyline... -_-;;

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Honestly, I really get attached to them. Like my Mew my bro got, I still go back to my Red version to see it!

I feel as though my Vulpix is sitting on my lap right now!

I wish Pokemon went beyond pixels!
    Me too!
    If Pokemon actually Existed We would be the ppl in the Pokemon Centers helping to keep them healthy or That trainer on the road who Pwns all with his best buddy (insert Pokemon here) or that one coordinator who wins all the contests with their Pokemon because they are raised with such loving care....

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ... >> Yes... I love my Arcanine... and my Pika. <3

xD I do. Once I have them long enough I actually start caring about them.
    Or most of them anyway.

Years
    I always have gotten attached to my Pokemon, ever since I was little. X3

Specially the ones on my Crystal. I sadly don't use them a lot now though since I can't transfer them. ; _ ;

Though one day I'll train the team I have on Crystal again in D/P. Even though it won't be the same it's close enough... I'll think of them as reincarnations. 8D I will never forget the originals though... they will always be very close to me. ^ _ ^

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    yes i'm emotionaly attached to my pokemon especially my starter and gardevoir
    i dunno why gardevoir but i'm really attached to it
    i feel sad when i have to restart the game though

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    Once my Pokemon dies, a part of me dies

I have never been "emotionally attached" to my Pokemon. I don't really get SUPER SERIOUS on a game...Well... Sometimes :D

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    I get attached to my pokemon. I don't mourn when they faint or anything, but I do take pride in their strength and abilities. I also get attached to specific pokemon. I never really refer to them as 'the pokemon', they're always 'my pokemon'. Dunno if I'd consider myself emotionally attached, though I did mourn the death of my pokemon gold game for days keeping a stiff upper lip and promising to get them all over again in pearl (if that's possible).

You can see their emotions if you go to Mr. Footsteps by the beach. ^^

Athena

Untitled.
    Years
    Yeah I get attached in the same sense as a lot of people here, I'd be sad if I lost their data. Sometimes I really work hard in leveling and 'loving' a pokemon (like eevee into espeon it takes love and hard work!) so I still remember the name and everything I gave that pokemon in Silver... My that was a long time. xD!

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    I kinda do get attached.

Here's why:
    -If I cloned a pokemon, I'd HAVE to keep the original one in my party, cuz we grew up together.
    -I feel bad having more than 6 main pokemon, cuz that means that some of my favorites have to spend their time in the "box" at the pokemon center.
    -If I were to train the eevees, I'd have to train them all at the same time, cuz for me, they're supposed to be septuplets ideally.

Back