• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a favorite Gym Leader?

Years
    Honestly none of them, they all kinda fill the same role as a trial to overcome and have a basic personality to pair with it, but you never really see or learn anything about them outside the gym. Makes it hard for me to care for any of them to the point where i dont think of misty from kanto, i think the water type gym in kanto

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
    Kanto: Misty, since I liked her in the anime.
    Johto: Morty. Ghosts are my favorite type and he looks really cool.
    Hoenn: I like most of them, so it's hard to pick, but I would say Norman because he's your dad.
    Sinnoh: I'd say Gardenia because I love Grass types and Eterna City was my favorite city in the game.
    Unova: Roxie is really cool. Lenora is my favorite in BW1, since Roxie isn't there.
    Kalos: I would say Viola, she's my favorite first Gym Leader.
    Alola: N/A.
    Galar: I haven't played these, but I like Bea.
    Paldea: I haven't played these either, but I already love Larry.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Somehow all of my favorites are from Paldea. Larry, Iono, and Ryme just appeal to me in vastly different ways; Larry in his simplicity and being the butt of every joke, Iono for being le funny streamer girl (and her Tera Electric Mismagius, which is one of the cooler strategies I've seen employed by an NPC), and Ryme for her animations, enjoyable personality, and allowing me to go crazy with a double battle. I've never played SwSh, but Raihan's an honorable mention for me due to his animations as well as using a rather unique, double-battle team. I guess I enjoy Gym Leaders more when they have actual personalities or present unique challenges (if I played SwSh I'd probably enjoy Opal).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    My favourite gym leader is Roxanne especially because of her personality filled with simplicity and determination. I like how - aesthetically speaking - she's portrayed as a top notch student, peculiarity which is even emphasized by her clothing style. It does seem right concerning her character to be a region's gym leader for starters, after all.
    Rustoboro's also the Hoenn city I like the most because of its stony/ferrous looks... and how to forget about her signature Pokémon, Nosepass? Seriously, I love that thing, as weird as it may look.

Years
    Having a favorite gym leader is something I never really thought about until now. I would have to go with Byron because of the Diamond & Pearl Adventures manga I read a long time ago. Also like that he's the father of Roark and the small detail of both having the fossil pokemon of Sinnoh.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Hmm.... My favorite of all Gym Leader is probably Skyla. I love her design and flying was once my favorite types. It is still up there, but not as high as it once was. I also really lover her name.

As for each region.

Kanto - Giovanni.
    This is largely due to the manga. They made him a much better character and he was so powerful compared to everyone else. His fight between Red was insane and all the lore in the manga just made him a wonderful character compared to the games and anime.

Johto - Clair
    She trained with Lance and is a Dragon Master, but her design is amazing. But that is about it. Overall, while I love Johto, I really don't care about any of the Gym Leaders there. None of them where very memorable in my opinion

Hoenn - Norman/Brawly.
    I love Brawly's style. But Norman edges him out just barely. Not only is he your father in the game, they also made him a great character in the manga. And he is also really wonderful in the anime.

Sinnoh - Candice
    Mostly because she is an Ice Type trainer, but she also had a bit of a bigger part in the anime with her being friends with Zoey and the others.

Unova - Skyla
    Like I said, overall she is probably my favorite. I love her style and name and she uses flying types. I do wish she had better pokemon, but hey, she is still great.

Kalos - All of them.
    Kalos is the first region where I've liked every gym leader for one reason or another, but most of the like for them comes from the anime. Korrina has been a major rival for Ash. Ramos had the celebration that brought Ash and Serena together. And then Wulfric made Ash get mad and had another scene with Serena which I love.

Alola - Mallow.
    Love her design and I love that she likes to cook, which is one of my favorite things to do as well.

Galar - Bea
    Once again this is mostly because of the anime and her love of fighting types. She was the first challenging female rival for Ash.

Paldea - Iono
    She is honestly the only one I remember the most about. All the others were very forgettable. Larry I can remember, but I just don't like how boring he is. And I've been surprised how much he is liked.

Back