• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have photos of your childhood?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Many of us PC users are growing up - and slowly some of us are beginning to reach a time in our lives where we want to reflect on/remember our childhood, while some may not want to recall it. But either way, our childhood is best expressed through photos rather than actual memories, since our day-to-day memories as a child for most people are harder to retain than those over 13. Anyway, photos of your childhood are often important, and a way to see how times/trends have changed from then to now, and whether technology as well as your life has improved since then.

1. Do you still have photos taken during your childhood, if not, why?
    2. How much has your life changed now compared to when you were a young child? - As in something that's really evident in photos, like house, backyard, family, pets, etc.
    3. Do you have photos of yourself as a young child - how different do they look to now, and again, if not, why?

Looking through pictures as a child sparked this thread idea, actually. I have lots of pictures taken while I was a child, both of myself, and my family, pets and house. So much has changed, such as how our backyard used to look, it used to somewhat unappealing, and it's really changed. I can see that the cars we had back then changed, as well as our pets. The house in general also looks more "updated", since when I was really young, our house itself appeared to look old, both inside and out, although that will change dramtically soon when we get a new roof soon. I think I've changed a lot since I was a child as far as looks go. When I was a little kid, I had a somewhat chubby face, and obviously much shorter, though now I have a skinnier face, and not really short. Those are the only evident changes that I noticed about myself.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    Loads. Seriously. At both houses, too.

2. How much has your life changed now compared to when you were a young child? - As in something that's really evident in photos, like house, backyard, family, pets, etc.
    House(s), family, pets, all that has been changed overtime D:

3. Do you have photos of yourself as a young child - how different do they look to now, and again, if not, why?
    I look so happy and confident in them. And yet--here I am now with like, no self-confidence. How times change D:

/I think that's what this thread is looking for

Yes, but I haven't looked at them in a while. They are all in a huge box out in meh shed.

I've basically lived in my current house all my life, but in my early life, their is a different house. More or less, any pictures with pets in them, I no longer own the pets.
    Yes. I would say that the only real major change is that my hair is now brown, and not blond.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Yes I do, they're in an album up in the attic 8D
    Well, there's one of our dog and he's changed so much ^.^
    Also the back garden has changed quite a bit.. There's less flowers there now.. Oh and the cars, they've changed too =3
    Uh, they're a lot different to me now, for example I'm not as short as I was then XD
    Also my face has changed a fair bit, and I think my hair's turned darker..

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    yeah i have loads of photos but not so much photos of myself now im scared off what my pic might turn out like

ive moved house alot so the locations are different, my life ive goten less happy as i grow up i got tones of pictures where im happy

i have changed quiete abit from when i was a young child but as i look back i still have my big hazel eyes, my brown curly/wavy hair and my nose :P but i think im now starting to grow out of my baby face XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My parents have a whole bunch stashed in a closet or box somewhere. I only have some dating back to 1999 or so.
    We moved out of my childhood house in 1999, so that's obviously different. We have different cars too, as I look back at pictures taken in front of our 1986 Mercury and 1992 Chevy van... The makeup of our family hasn't changed - my brother was born a year after me and I haven't had any new siblings since.

As a child, I was one ugly mutha :O

And nowadays I'm losing my hair.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013

1. Do you still have photos taken during your childhood, if not, why? I don't browse through old photos, but I'm sure they're around somewhere.

2. How much has your life changed now compared to when you were a young child? - As in something that's really evident in photos, like house, backyard, family, pets, etc. There's no distinct line, looking back every year was completely different for me. Different setting, different people, different pets and family, everything.

3. Do you have photos of yourself as a young child - how different do they look to now, and again, if not, why? Um I was much cuter then? idk

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Very few. For me it is a question of "why would you take them".

2. How much has your life changed now compared to when you were a young child?
    We've since moved house, Chloe is dead... mmm, I think that's it.

This is... the same as question 1 merely with an addition?
    Nowadays my hair is darker, longer, thicker... but not much else has changed too much, I just look generically older.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I have lots and lots in several boxes around my place.
    Most of the pictures of kid-me were taken at the house I grew up in, which my family moved out of when I was 11, so the setting has been drastically changed. Also, my pet dog visible in most of my younger photos died when I was 19. ;~;
    When I was a kid, I was full of life and was very happy...a stark contrast to how screwed up my current life is and how much anger I keep inside. :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    No, because my house burnt down in the 7th grade.
    My cat died, my house burnt down and moved thrice after that, my mom got married.
    I don't know.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    1 and 3- All my childhood photos were destroyed in a huge house fire burning everthing.
    2.-I cant really compare now from then because i have no memory of my childhood due to tramic head injuries from a car wreck and no photos to look upon eather....

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    Not from when I was in nursery except for one where I was wearing a fake police outfit, don't have a clue where the rest went but I'm okay with that, we have a few videos of when I was younger instead.

Well, we don't have that baby railing thing at the kitchen (Which I saw in the videos) anymore. \o/ The furniture is all moved around, the kitchen has been remodeled and the car is gone. Also I don't see my grandmother now seen as she died a while after the summer holidays a few years back - that's a huge change seen as we used to go every weekend to see her.

I have a few from the old summer holidays still on the kitchen fridge. Firstly I am taller, wow, big change! My hair is shorter nowadays, and I'm not as 'dopey looking' -as the family would put it- now.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I still have a lot of old pics from even my old country, but there are some that are either gone or I destroyed that I wish I still have in my possession (pretty long story).

Moved locations a couple of times, and that's really about it.

Well, I was thin back then. A lot of people have a hard time recognizing me, even the ones that I haven't met in years that I can still recognize, but yet they can't. ;;
    Oh well. :/

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Forever, I just LOVE your threads. :)

Course I do! I have pictures ever since I was a tiny baby. :)

A lot. I have 2 sisters now, and I just look different. xD. But the house is the same, with the exceptions of the couches and curtains.

A lot, so I think, though my friends don't think so. Even my GF says I have a baby face. xD

1500th post!!

Years
    Not really on me; most are in photo albums that belong to my parents, not me. Not a big issue, though, as I rarely wish to look through them.
    Well, with my mom being in the military, we were moving around every 3-4 years, so there's at least 4 different places we took pictures at, with different pets, different houses, sometimes different family members (my father did die and my mother remarried)... it can be pretty drastic at times.
    Well, I was not really that much shorter, but I was skinnier. I've gained some weight over the years, for sure. And these days, my face isn't nearly as red from acne as it used to be. :p

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Many of us PC users are growing up
    We are all growing up. Not most.

1. I had them all in an album hidden in my home. My mom keeps them for me.

2. Aside from my appearance, my hobbies, my home and garden had improved very much. My photos include 2 sisters, and now I had 2 more brothers.

3. Very different. I was a very chubby boy at that time, and now I'm a tall skinny one. I find it ironic.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Of course. XD I have a full album for just when I was a wee little one, and then a whole bunch childhood ones somewhere around my house.

Definitely my house for one. I've moved several times; the time I moved down to Florida would have to have been the biggest transition I have ever taken. Pets and Family has also changed since I was a little one.

Is this like the first one? Well, the pictures of me vary. When I look back at my pictures, I either go 'wow my hair's long' or 'my hair's short' or something else to a degree (not always physical). Flipping through some pictures that are taken each year just show how much I've grown and changed.

Ayselipera

Yeah my parents keep them in a big album.

A few things have changed like the inside of the house and outside, because it's been redone since most of my old pictures. Pets have changed a lot since my first baby picture to now. I have had dogs, cats, fish, turtles and geckos all inbetween.

I think I still look a lot like when I was younger. When I look at pictures from when I was 3 you can already see that it looks distinctly like me now. The only difference is that I'm a bit taller now. :3

Years
    Yes, a lot actually.
    I moved to a new house, grown taller, got a dog, etc. A lot has changed.
    Yes, I look pretty different xD

Back