• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you help "around the house"?

Do you help "around the house"?

• Total voters

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    I had to clean house today (;;) and It got me wondering....do any of you "help around the house" (in other words do you have chores that must be done)? Whether you choose to help or are asked/forced too; I have to too...But I don't mind....I guess. ;-;

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I'm forced to by my Ma. ;-;
    Cleaning up my room is never any fun.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The only thing I have to do is polish my TV, DVD player and my sister's Wii once it gets about 1 inch of dust

XD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    My parents make me, but I don't mind too much. It's usually little stuff, like taking out the trash or emptying the dishwasher, which take like 5 minutes =P

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    yeah my jobs are cleaning the dishwasher, vacuum the house, and wipe the tables, I usually get it done fast and I don't usually mind it.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Ugh, yes. >.< My parents ask me to do the laundry, vacuum the house, rake the leaves, dust the furniture, take out the trash, etcetera. And clean my room, which takes about four hours every time.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I don'd mind throwing out the trash or cleaning the dishes because those don't usually take too long, but sometimes my dad makes me do some yardwork and it's terrible...

Years
    Uh... yeah. All the time. I wash the dishes, mow the lawn, rake the leaves, shovel the snow, clean my room when it's not even messy, dust stuff we never touch (hence why it's dusty), vacuum, etc.

Last edited:
    Years
    In the dorm, every week (except a free week after cooking), I have a duty to do. In our kitchen, we have two maid duties (cleaning kitchen, basically), a bathroom duty (my least favorite), and cleaning the stairs and hallway in the basement. And, the most fun job of all: cooking for eight girls. And if I don't do my duty, I could get fined for it. Luckily, duties don't take too long. Also, on Saturday, I have extra things to clean for a weekend duty on top of the regular duty.
    Also, I sometimes help by doing other people's duties when they'll be gone, or helping cook. I really like the latter. :D

Back home, I had to do dishes Sunday through Thursday and then clean kitchen. Not bad, really. I got $20 every two weeks for it. Sometimes we'd be forced to clean other things, not for money, but that was fine.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I don't like to help around the house but my parents force me to.
    Still, its satisfying to see your room clean even if you do hate cleaning it.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    My mother has horrible back problems so I try to help out around the house as much as I can. I do the dishes, walk the dogs, take out the trash, and a myriad of other little chores. My mom often thinks she's being a burden or something and insists upon vacuuming and such about every week, but I tell her that I would have done it. xD
    (She's sneaky, she'll do it when I'm at school so I can't protest. xD)

Other than that, I'm quite lazy.

Years
    I help out whenever I get the chance, I guess. But seeing as everyone in my house does so, there's usually not much to be done. We do occasionally have a 'house clean up' type of thing, but that's not very often. It's just dishes and sweeping most of the time. (besides laundry, etc).

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Yes, whenever help is needed I'm sure to help out, I clean up, wash dishes and so forth.

Back