• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Keep Your Starter Pokemon??

Do you keep your starter in your team??

• Yes

Votes: 449 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 90 16.7%

• Total voters

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    I keep my starters until I've moved over other gen starters to my game, Like Swampert>Feraligatr

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
    I always chose totodile as my starter in the japanese versions but coz i wanted to try something different in the english version i chose chicorita however as soon as i could trade over my feraligator chica was put in pc and my recently bred level 58 totodile now is in the front of my party constantly with my wiglytuff in the second slot in my party. i now only use chi as a pokethlon contestant

gilituh

Bishaan!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I usually keep it in my team, but my empoleon on pearl is LOW levelled ( all pokemon are at level 60-70 and empoleon is at level 49 -.-) but my Typhlosion on Soul Silver is at Lv. 100 and it was allways in my team

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2011
    I never have replaced my starter. I think it's a habit I developed on the 1st gen when pikachu followed you all the time so I kept him in from there on I always kept my starter which is usually at least 10 levels higher than any other pokemon in my line-up(except legendaries I caught at a higher level)

I know what you mean, I was so used to having the Pikachu chill out with me all the time, and then most times I was always using my starter the most, so they just got attached to me in some way or another.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2010
    If your talking before the pokemon league then yes. Because normally they would be your strongest pokemon because you have been training them longer

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    I usually keep my starter Pokémon until after I beat the Elite Four.
    Once I beat them, I'll ditch it and catch a new Pokémon.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    -Erg my Computer was messing up when I posted this which got me to delete it but I was at the right thread-
    ---------
    On every game I keep my starter Pokemon. I loved my Feraligatr. Not using it would make me feel like I'm not worth being a trainer.

xVenomx

Gutsy Trainer
    Years
    Mine is kept in my PC still basic! I caught a Caterpie and evolved it into Butterfree and then put my Chikorita into the storage.

I have a Bug team in HG - Butterfree, Heracross, Ledian, Yanmega, Fortress, Parasect
    They have done well so far against 4 gyms!

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    The only starter I've ever kept in my team was Blastoise in Blue version. In the other games, I've always just found that keeping my starter kept me back from using another Pokemon of the same type I preferred. So, y'know, whatever.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
    Years
    I feel bad just getting it and shoving it in the PC for any amount of time, so I always wind up using it through the main game. When I go into the battle frontier or anything like that, I hardly ever use them.

Deathshot

Unregistered User
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    I only use the 1st Gen Starters. The others just... kinda bother me.... They just look.... unoriginal to me... yet original at the same time....

But I do like Feraligatr so I use it in my Main team.

torcoal

Ketsu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2013
    I use my starter on all my teams just cause they'll have a good amount of exp. on them before I get any other team members, and I'm lazy when it comes to grinding.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Yes, in Soul Silver I've got a Lv. 100 Thyplosion with Eruption, Rock Slide, Shadow Claw and Earthquake, with all the moves PP-Maxed and a Shiny Crown. His nickname is Chuck and I love him. <3

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    Yes. The only game I don't use my starter on a regular basis is diamond. I don't really like the D/P/PT starters as much, but Infernape is still awesome. I just never use any of my 8 lvl 100's on that game much anymore. Too busy training others.

Back