• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Level Up Your Shinies?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Since the GBA games have been out, I have only ever found one shiny. I did actually level up that Pidgey into a Pidgeot. I no longer use it now, though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2017
    I got a shiny Lairon on my sapphire version a few years ago. It is now a lvl50 Aggron. I used to use Aggron for battle tower but it wasn't strong enough for the higher ranked trainers. So i just left it rot in the PC box.

Last edited:

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I have a shiny Bidoof, Buziel and Luxray. The Bidoof is rotting in my box and always will. The shiny Luxray started off as a shiny Shinx but that I used it in my Pearl game which I restarted and it was a big part in my team. The shiny Buziel is in my Diamond team now.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Well no, I only put them in my box in Diamond, I only trained one and that is my shiny shinx and it evolves to luxray now, I only collect them hehe..

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    My only shiny is a Red Gyarados in Platinum, and a Blue Cresselia in Pearl. Gyarados is lv. 69, Cresselia is 100 and holds on a lot of hits.

Vincent.

//**
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    I don't really level up my shinies, I only display them in the box.

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    I don't level up my shinies, just for collection.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I train shinies that I actually want to use in battle. I generally leave the others alone to maintain the UT value for potential trades. When I train shinies, though, I always EV them, as it seems like a waste of their potential not to EV train them.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Oddly enough, no actually. I had a shiny solrock, but i never took the time to lvl it up, the same for the rest of my shinies...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yep. I actually look for shiny pokemon worthy of competetive battling. I know it sounds crazy but if I get a shiny with whack IVs and nature, I let it go or give it away.

ShinyArceusRules

Shiny Arceus Rules
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2009
    I had save & loaded ,saved & loaded & finally got a shiny Empoleon .. just save until u get it .......

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    I have a lvl 36 Shiny Mightyena and a lvl 45 Shiny Cloyster. I caught them both at lvl 10.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I would, but I only seem to capture shiny Menokurage (Tentacool), which are useless. . And, by the time I come across a shiny Menokurage, I already have one which evolved by that time.

Back