• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like the plot of the mystery dungeon games?

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    Personally I do not mind the plots, though I do think they are not being creative enough as the series progresses. In relation to the main games. I have always thought the had more developed plots. I know it can also feel like the same thing time and time again, but there are enough differences in each gen where it dose not bother me much.

skyguard

Artist
    Years
    I loved the red/blue games, and the time/darkness duo were just as good in my opinion. Sometimes though, in the part in both games where you are castaways, it seems like the characters aren't really taking it very seriously. If there was a bit more drama, then I would definitely give the game a ten out of ten. Then again, it might not be as good for the younger players of the series. Oh! By the way, ha anyone here played the Wii mystery dungeons? Bulbapedia says they aren't as plot driven, but I'd still like to hear about them.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
    I have to say I like Red/Blue's story line better than Darkness/Time/Sky. I guess that's because I like the whole fugitive idea it had. I still do like Darkness/Time/Sky's plot too and I like the fact that they are much lengthier than the originals.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    It's okay, but I like the classic one better. I loved ranger 1's plot though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Love the dungeon games. Interacting with Pokemon as a Pokemon was just awesome. The game play may have been repetitive but it was fast and fun.

Persephoni

A.K.A ~Sierra-Bella~
    Years
    I tried to get into them, but I couldn't. Im only for the classic pokemon. <3 <3 I do own all the spin-off tho. :P

Brandan

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2011
    I really like to play the mystery dungeon games because of its amazing plots and i refer this game to every one.

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    I like the plot of the dungeon games. It was very interesting to follow and MUCH more emotional than any other pokemon games

Testacool

Begging Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    It is certainly unique, and something that I treasure far beyond the generic Pokémon plot about villains aiming to capture a legendary pokemon etc.. I'll have to repeat what other users have said about PMD(2), I don't like the plot, I love it.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    The intricate plot in my opinion is great! It also takes awhile so you get to enjoy it.

Ciz

La la la ♪
    Years
    I always cry... or tend to... when the first ending comes... the parting of friends...

Thumbs up for storyline! :D

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
    I have Red, and at first I hated the plot. The seperate missons were okay, but when Gengar showed up, I thought he was the main bad guy. World Domination convinced me even more. But then, his team name was Team Meanies. And he wasn't that evil, nothing to be afraid of. I was wondering how much 5-yr.-old this could get, until I became a fugitive. From Lapis Cave, it's pretty fun. The plot starts getting better, your partner's character is building up, there are many hardships and fun times. But when I defeated Groundoun and Xatu appeared going:
    "SHOOTING STAR! SHOOTING STAR!"
    That's when the storyline seemed to get a little desperate to keep the game going. I'm in the middle of Sky Tower, stuck at the save point because I keep getting killed and well...I always turn off my system when I die...but I did view the ending on YouTube. It didn't make me cry or anything, a bit saddened knowing that my main character actually IS going to dissapear (since I chose Red over Time/Darkness because I saw the character dying in Time/Darkness first). However, now I know that he'll reappear which doesn't make much sense, but it's fine in my book! :P

NatureKeeper

HELL Yeah. The story is long and it keeps you busy for a while, and usually has all Pokémon.

Back