• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Do you like the starter evolutions?

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
Years
  • On the whole, they're fine. Like a 6.5/10 for me. More to like than not like, not exactly exciting.

Inteleon: I like the idea more than the execution. This is a "huh, fun idea" sort of design, not an "oh snap that looks so cool" sort of design. I saw one piece of fanart of him as a four legged wall crawler, and it improved it a lot for me. He's standing way too straight, give me more dynamism! That all said, this guy has so much personality, and I do like that.

Rillaboom: Why does the drum being separate from his body bother me? It shouldn't bother me, it doesn't bother me, it bothers me, it bothers me a lot.

Cinderace: It's fine, but it looks a bit too much like they made a middle evolution taller. It's missing something for me, I don't know quite what. I think part of me wants it to be more detailed.

Kazetori

Vaporeon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of Rillaboom, but the others are pretty great to me! I was so sad seeing all the hate Inteleon got. I think it looks super cool. It's kinda awesome character development from Sobble too, since it starts out as such a crybaby, then grows into this slick super cool sniper dude haha

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't hate them, but I don't care for them either. I ended up choosing Grookey and I used it for just the first route when I thought to myself I really don't want to use any of the starters. So I boxed it and haven't used it since. I can't put my finger on what I don't like about Inteleon, but for Cinderace I instantly saw a super saiyan soccer player and for Rillaboom it really bothers me that it evolves with a drum set included. I KNOW I KNOW other pokemon have evolved with items, but the drum irks me so much.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    I kind of like Inteleon, allthough it's a bit too slick/ thin. Overal quite dissappointing I must say. Feel very anti-climatic.

Years
  • When I first saw them in the spoilers, I was surprised, and didn't like them all that much. But boy did they grow on me later. I just love the Sobble line (Inteleon is just... so cool...) and Rillaboom is so chill, I've been wanting to build like a team of sound based Pokemon around it. Like a Pokemon band of sorts

Back