• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Like Youngster Joey?

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I love him! His personality is so lovely.
    My friends and I "Joey-call" each other all the time.

Joey-call= Call a friend, praise a terrible pokemon or beginning-evolutionary pokemon, don't allow them to talk during the whole conversation, then hang up. :3

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I love him! His personality is so lovely.
    My friends and I "Joey-call" each other all the time.

Joey-call= Call a friend, praise a terrible pokemon or beginning-evolutionary pokemon, don't allow them to talk during the whole conversation, then hang up. :3

Ahaha, awesome xD

I must admit I have no strong feelings one way or the other towards Trainer Joey.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Since I don't recall him being a pain in the butt in GSC, I assume you're talking about HGSS where he always calls, so this can go there.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Ahh, Joey. So innocent, so naive. Always making phone calls. He's got a hold on something he doesn't yet comprehend. That little purple ball of fur he loves so dearly will soon lead him to glory. Glory!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    In the 21 hours of gameplay over the one weekend since I got My HeartGold version, Joey has called me no less than ten times to remind me that his rattata is in the top percentage of rattata. Makes me want to rematch him solely to OHKO the stupid furball with my crobat. XD

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Joey - the poor man's Lance.

Or something like that.

Anyway, his Rattata is awesome! As Bulbapedia (and Azure's sig) states, it really is a "Top Percentage" Rattata.

And I will admit to Joey-calling someone. I called my friend and said, "Hey, (friend)! Have you heard about my Bidoof? We battled against a Pidgey earlier and it nearly won! I used a potion at the wrong time and we lost, though. Oh well, I'll try again later. Bye, (friend)!"

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    His Ratatta is in the top percentage of Ratatta, its kinda hard to argue with him.

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
    I think he's pretty awesome.

Why?

Well, he's getting behind his Pokemon with all his might, even if the odds are against him. I can respect that.

But mainly because, on Monday from 10 am to 8 pm, I can rematch him over and over and over and he'll give me a HP Up each and every time.

- Tyros

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    isnt joey the first trainer you battle not including your rivel. if he is yes i dont like him either.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I just got my HeartGold today and already Joey had called me, telling me his Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattata. I don't know if I like him or hate him yet since he hasn't bothered me a ton yet. :P

Last edited:

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Joey and me are tight man.
    He calls me every 2 minutes.
    Sure, he just repeats himself all the time but it's not as bad as Lyra's eyesight.
    She keeps telling me her Marrill evolved, when it clearly didn;t.

Lyra should've gone to Specsavers. (Not many people will get this joke)

Back