• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do You Miss Quick Leveling?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Leveling up fast does have its ups and downs; you're training your Pokémon quickly, so you should be able to getting them to level 100 before you even know it. The negative side, though, is that with this, you're not able to train much of your team-members aside from maybe just one or two, which Experience Share in X and Y does offer. If I were to select just one, I would most likely have to go with Exp. Share method, as I'm able to level-up all my Pokémon at once, and keep my team in-balance as a whole. You're able to do it without the item if you try, but it just makes it a little easier, which I do appreciate!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've found that between Pokémon-Amie, Lucky Eggs, Exp. Share, and double/triple battles in Restaurant Le Wow where all the Pokémon are level 63 (and one trainer has an Audino in triple/rotation battles) that leveling up is much faster in Gen VI than ever before. Especially since you can rebattle the Restaurants as much as you want at any time you want, while Audino hunting could become tedious and the sports centers trainers could only be battled once per day.

machupichu18

I like Cereal!
    Years
  • Two words, Battle Chateau, there's Audino trainers everywhere, so what do you get when you:

Add a Audino trainer+ A lucky egg and finish it off with a nice delicious exp. point power lv. 3
    You get A TON OF AWESOMESAUCE EXP FOR LV. 1 POKEMON, also don't forget the resturants, you get the money back by mushrooms if it's not sushi go round and you don't do terribly, so yeah, theres still quick breeding,

Oh and P.S: I never audino breed in B/W B2/W2, never ever

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Mmmmmmmmmno.

As everyone else before me has said, there's plenty of ways in this set that speeds up the leveling process. I only utilized a portion of those, & I already felt that my team is over-leveled. So yeah, I don't miss grinding on Audino encounters from B/W(2) one bit.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    It might be is because I have the attention span of a cat, but I actually find leveling up to be quicker in XY. I vastly prefer going through the Lumiose Restaurants to fighting Audinos in Gen V. It just seems to go by faster when all I have to do basically amounts to mashing A rather than running around fighting the Audinos one-by-one, especially when it'd occasionally take forever for a shaking grass to materialize.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    I find it super easy to level you just have to know how. I go to battle chatteau write up a black writ and a couple of others and hunt elite four and the audino girls it really is simple and you bank a lot of money doing it. I can get a pokemon to level 100 in a few hours

Years
  • I always abused the shaking grass in 5th Gen because of the Audinos in it, and while it was sad X/Y didn't retain that feature they did at least make up for it with those Furisode Girls in the Battle Chateau who use Audino that, with the Black Writ of Challenge active can get as high as Lv. 65.

Also, as Raikou said the Exp. Share's new mechanics in X/Y makes grinding less tedious but also faster at the same time. And it only gets better if you use an Exp. O-Power or a Lucky Egg.

Back