• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you name your character after yourself?

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    Yes. I didn't in my first ever playthrough, but I've done that since. For a couple of reasons, but one of which is that there was a period where I'd finish the national Pokédexes, and I didn't want any other name as the owner of a Pokémon in my collection.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2023
    I usually name my character after myself, but I occasionally have named my character Brolax. I came up with the name a long time ago as my "super cool name i'll use on my future Youtube channel." That never happened, but the name has stuck as one of my go-tos for alternate names, Pokemon or otherwise.

Days
    • Seen Jun 7, 2023
    Both yes and no In game I do name myself my real name but I also come up with seprate names because 9 chamions all named Caynon which isnt a very common name doesnt really make sense.

Chris from kanto
    Mark from johto
    Sam from hoenn
    Austin from Sinnoh
    Michael from Unova
    Jack from Kalos
    Lunas From aloha
    Vincent from Galar

I do change them somtimes for instance I had Chris and Sam as Ash and Max in reffence to the anime.

Back