• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen do you play old games like red or blue

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    fist gen is loads better than 3/4 gen but second gen is still the best

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • I hate it when people can't play a game because of outdated graphics. Graphics never make the game for me. Now, I used to play Blue and Yellow to death, not so much anymore. Infact, I barely ever play Pokemon theses day. It just feels like I'm doing the same thing over and over now...

oceanblack

PokeNoob :B
    Years
  • Once i complete a pokemon collection of X version, its hard to go back. Ive had 151 on Red, 251 on Silver, etc. Pearl could take me a while though, lol...

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • I've been playing yellow a bit, but it just seems so slow compared to the Gen II+ games. I used to have an awesome file on my blue version, but me and a friend transferred and traded to each others stadiums and G/S/C's... I still have all those bangin' level 90's and 100's on my silver. Now, if only I could FIND my silver...

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • GEn I games are immense fun because of how glitchy they are. Sky Attack/Psychic Kangaskhan, anyone?

And of course the momories and to laugh at how badly designed the sprites were back then.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • I love the R/B/Y games! I could never imagine giving them away! The graphics are fine with me :P

I just love trading my Pokémon from Blue, Red and Yellow into Stadium :)

People always ask me why I don't play the newer games much, I just tell them that nothing compares to the originals!

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I sort of play the old games still, but just to mess around though. I usually play platinum/diamond/pearl now most of the time since it's fun playing on wi-fi and I love my pokemon team. :)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I play Pokemon Green. Ignore the same OWs and you got a preety darn good game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I play R/B from time to time. I haven't played them in the past few months, but over the summer, I got really into them again for a couple of weeks. They're the sort of games that I don't go out of my way to play, but when I do play them, I can't figure out how I was ever able to tear myself away from them in the first place (once I get used to the bad graphics).

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    The old games are pretty much all I play. I'll play through the newest game up till beating the Elite 4, but I've played blue and gold through several times, even getting all the pokemon except Mew in blue!

And the graphics are just fine to. Sure, some are bad (Mostly the back sprites IMO) but they're classic!

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    One word: Awesome.

I grew up playing the gameboy pokemon games. i don't think i would be the same person today without them. Even though they might not have the best graphics, the gameplay made them an instant classic.

Sasuke1234

im always bored.....
    Years
    • Age 31
    • WI
    • Seen Jun 26, 2016
    I play my silver gold ad yellow games all the time. But I can' find my darn G/S edition GBC anywhere :(

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Yep! I still play em. Just started Crystal over for the umpteenth time the other day.(Need some batteries though...)

And I would play my Blue version, but it's baaad screwed up. When I go to hit new game it takes me to Oak and starts playing the Pokemon's Crys.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
  • I used to play my ever-so-crappy Yellow ROM. I had a level 49 Pikachu and a level 47 Nidoking, then I had a level 36 Charizard, finally I had a level 25 Ivysaur and Wartortle. XD

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Playing Blue right now (Emulator though I do have the original cart somewhere). Absolutely adore Red and Blue versions, probably play them more than any of the others.

I've never played a game newer than Crystal, but I don't really want to. Love the colour and metal generations, Blue and Silver especially.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • The old games like Yellow and Crystal are great to play. The graphics may be bad now-a-days, but back then they were pretty cool for a handheld, especially Crystal's moving Pokemon sprites.

Back