• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you play older Pokemon games?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Agreed. When I do play the official games, it's usually the older first or second gen games. They just had something special thatyou don't find in the more modern games. Besides, I personally think the sprites were better and far more interesting.

Me too. And I'm usually the only one to like the older sprites better :3

Though the plot in the first game is really boring compared to the new games... But that was probably because the concept itself, being new and still exciting, was kind of a plot.

Years
    I like to play my Pokemon Silver a lot (I would play my Gold/Crystal, but they no longer work.) And once in a while I'll play my Red version.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    A little bit, I recently got into pokemon gaming about 8 months ago. The only older game I play is silver, but i havnt played it recently. Sometimes i will play the others but not for long.

I still play all the GBA games

Years
    Not anymore, really. I have a hard time putting effort into a game when I can't transfer any of my pokemon over to the new games. If we had gone very much longer without HGSS being announced, I would have likely started playing Gold and Silver again, but now I'm just going to wait till spring.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    yes i still play my yellow, blue, and crystal versions. Just for the music and battle sake. I would challenge the E4 on yellow and blue just to hear the original trainer music (they didnt use the gym leader music for the E4 back then)

Back