• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you play older Pokemon games?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2017
    The title says it all.
    Older Pokemon games being:

Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, and Crystal aaand various other GBC games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2017
    Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum. I thought is was relevant to post it in D/P/Pt forum because I wanted people to look back from 4th generation at 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Sorry! XP

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I'm playing Pokemon Gold right now and I'm going to restart my Red Version soon. I'm finishing up the National Dex in Sapphire, too. I love the older games!

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    No, I haven't played any of the older games is quite a while. Not planning to either since I still have a ton to do on the newer games.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Of course I do. I'm a lame nostaligic blubber head that loves 8-bit music and weird sprites. C:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The music is nostalgic. And the fugly/cute sprites.

I play them more often than I play D/P :p

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Not that much. I do pick up Silver and Blue versions once in a while, but that's when I'm bored. I'd much rather spend my time playing Sapphire.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Yeah, totally! I only have Platinum on the comp, and i can't really take my Emerald everywhere on the GBA, so i play Crystal on my cell phone!

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    I haven't played any of them in a long while, even though I recently dug out my SP. I don't know if I could get past the oooooooooold graphics and the not-so-great UI.

However, I keep seeing the monotype and classic challenge threads and stuff like that--I'm really really thinking I might bust out my copy of Yellow and Crystal (I checked and the battery does still work!) and relive the old days. :D

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
    Years
    I used to play Silver all the time until my save data got corrupted. Had a L100 Dragonite on that game >.>.

Lately I've been playing Blue, since I only need to catch 27 more pokemon for a full Pokedex =D

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I still play my blue version every once in a while, but not for nostalgia, seeing as it's my most recently obtainedpokemon game so far xD

As for crystal, I haven't played that recently because I don't have anything to do on it ._______.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    Yeah of course i grew up with the older pokemon games.
    Not "Did you grow up with older pokemon games?". Do you still play them at all?

Aand this is why you should put commas where they belong. I think Brendonwii meant "Of course, I grew up with the older pokemon games." ^_^

I play Crystal occassionally. I have it on my phone, so it is always there when I'm bored. Currently on a Poison monotype challenge.

Back