• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you play older Pokemon games?

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
  • I do. Not the GSC games so much, seeing as I can't save ;_;
    But I play RBY loads, as well as Pokemon Channel sometimes. And I was playing Colosseum yesterday. Not sure if those last two count, but still... ^_^

xX

CrazyCarretta

It works!
    Years
  • I have been have been playing FR/LG recently to get older pokemon, thats about it though. I guess I've been spoiled by the colors and animations.....

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The title says it all.
    Funny you should say that when you then go on to define what the older games are.

Anyway, while I have all of them (including Pinball) except Gold, I don't play them any longer. Since they all work perfectly I could sell them for a ridiculous amount of money, heh...

Zorbees

Billy Mays here!
    Years
  • I restart/beat blue almost every month, only becuase i dont have any other ones, and i dont have a DS yet,because i sold it before Platinum came out,because D/P got boring,getting ds for X-mas maybe sooner.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2009
    Yeah, i still have all the old pokemon games, and play them quite often :)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Yes I do!! I recently started a new game on yellow, and I go back to it every once in awhile! The old games can be just as fun as the newer ones, especially if you have not played them in a long time.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I probably would but my only old pokemon games are Gold, Silver and Yellow and I dont have a GBA to play it with. I used to have one but I sold it because I didnt use it anymore.

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    I play some of the older games. The games I play yellow crystal and gold. I also play firered sometimes.
    At the moment I am playing Emerald.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • I still have my yellow, silver, and sapphire version, gbc, and gba and they all still work perfectly. I used to play them every once in a while but now I've got an emulator running on my DS using a flashcart so I can play crystal which I never owned, or any other gb/gbc game. I also bought a used copy of emerald recently and i used a save recovery tool to transfer the save file from the copy of emerald I was playing on the computer to the actual gamepack.

Anyway I still like playing them all, I love nostalgia!

Ningamer

Mine is mine, yours is too!
    Years
  • I recently replaced the battery in my Silver so I've been playing that. Miraculously, both my Red and Blue are still going on their original battery, but I guess they'll run out soon (being 12 years old I don't blame them XD). I've completed Blue so many times now that it's become boring. I did get Stadium 1 & 2 very recently, so I'm playing on them at the moment. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not playing Soul Silver - I still haven't beaten the Pokémon league! (play time: 15 hours)

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    Pokemon Diamond is the old game which i like to play because of its awesome design. It is the best Pokemon game after platinum.Thanks for sharing this.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    as a retro-gamer, nothing beats Gen I and II :)
    well, IV beats I
    but that's beside the point. i love the old stuff, that was my heyday :D
    Agreed. When I do play the official games, it's usually the older first or second gen games. They just had something special thatyou don't find in the more modern games. Besides, I personally think the sprites were better and far more interesting.

Back