• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you post for the post number or just for posting?

Yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
    Post counts to me are merely an indication of how much you post, how long you've been around, etc. Like Lets Get Lost Together said, it tells you nothing about the person. Usually I only post when I have something constructive to say.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    When I'm nearing a milestone, I'll post more and be more aware of my postcount... recently I was very, very aware of my postcount since I went from fourth to second highest poster in a week. Since then I've stopped paying attention then, though. I post when I have something to say and never more than that--it's very rare that I'll actively search out threads to post in just for the sake of posting. I'll usually just wait until an interesting thread comes along. :/

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    [jq]When I'm nearing a milestone, I'll post more and be more aware of my postcount...[/jq]

Pretty much this. I'm quite proud of my high post count; I believe it's a good way to show my dedication to the community (other than my supporter status). However, I don't mindlessly post to see that number go up; I actually look for threads that I find interesting. If I did care, I wouldn't have thousands of my posts in a forum where posts don't count.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I'm nearing 666 posts, so I'm watching out for it. I wouldn't say that post count is the reason why I post, but it's still important to me.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I post when I'm bored. Not overly concerned with post count, although it might be nice to have a big number there <3.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I usually post just for posting. If I posted for Post Count, I wouldn't be having around in Other Trivia more than half my time here in PC.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    i post when i want to post, i dont really pay attention to my postcount apart from when reaching milestones such as 50, 100, 250, 1000, 5000, 10000 etc

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I'm not that bothered by statistics. I post when I think there's something useful I can contribute, or something I find interesting that I want to comment on (like this sort of thread xD).

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    How is the question a yes no answer?

I actually try not to post too much.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    for the most part, i post because i want to or i have something to say. but i am really trying to get to 150 posts at the moment because you just MUST have that many posts in order to claim anything in the claim threads. :\ but i'm not gonna spam the board up just to get to that number - when i get to it, i get to it.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    When I feel like it.

I mean, really, is it that much of a big deal?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Some of you may think that I come here for the post count and the cheese.

But no, I post here because this shirt makes me look fat :(

Oh, and the fun I get out of people who don't read rules XD

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Be conservative when posting. Only post when necessary.

It's how I've managed to be here over 5 years and have such a low post count.

I see Diglett 032 on the "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" footer. If he says "just for posting", it's a lie. His first day on Pokemon General, the page was flooded with "I like X, do you like X" threads.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I love to post and i am trying hit 1,000 posts. I mostly on Other chat, New User / Welcome, and Other Voteing Polls but where i post on Pokemon Gerenal i only post when i have to say something.

Once a hit 1,000 i will only post when i have something to say.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back