• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you post for the post number or just for posting?

Yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Well I've been active on and off, though normally I get a little shy and opt against posting.

250 or something counted posts in 4 years is sad. =/ So I'm considering posting for the post count and for the sake of posting.

At least get 1000 so I look a tad reputable for my join date. <.<

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I post for the hell of it most of the time. Weather its just to post on the topic or disagree is another matter. I used to post for the count but that was in the first month or so.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I don't post for the count as it tells nothing about a person besides how many posts they have made since joining. I post only to express my experiences, thoughts or opinions on the matter of subject.

If I'm bored or have nothing to do, then I might hop around for a bit around the board, but I don't go overboard like some may do it.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I post to contribute to the forums. I don't particularly notice my post count unless it's close to reaching a milestone.

By the way Mitchman, your post count is 6,999. How ironic is it that you post in a thread about posting with that postcount.

Years
    I post because I feel like posting. Some of the time, my posts aren't deep, but that's simply because I'm engaging in friendly conversation, or answering a poll. Postcount's a fun statistic to keep track of, particularly when it reaches numbers like "666", and even sometimes in competition, but at the end of the day, I don't really care too much about it. :/

This.

I dont get why anyone would go on a forum just to raise a number.

Years
    well, i dont post just so it goes up, but its cool counting them, especially when they get to good numbers, like 500, 666, 1000, etc.

xMizuOokami

Message Me On Your Wii >
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    Normally I dont even pay attention to the postcount, I just post for posting..
    Lol. If i post for post counts its like the first or second. lol

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Just as next to every other member who has posted in this particular thread, I only make a post when I actually have something I feel is worth saying. When I want the community to know my opinion on something, or I just have something that I want to say, as is the case in New Users / Welcome, I just go ahead and make that post.

Simple as that. The numbers are nothing but neat little statistics to look back on when you're bored. o/

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Post count is irrelevant to me. I don't pay much attention to it and I definitely don't post to see it go up. When I post, it's because I want to post something, and you can be sure the post will have something to say. That being said, when my postcount reaches milestone numbers like x000, nnnn, iiii or something like that then I might say, oh gee cool, my post count is xxxx, but I don't aim for those numbers. It's just something that happens, I go 'cool' and move on and continue posting.

Postcount isn't anything special.

x any number
    n any fixed number, will be the same value as all other n's in the expression (1111)
    i any number, will be one greater than the one before it. (1234)

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I post when I feel like I have something to say,
    But right now, Im kind of posting in every thread I think is cool :p

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    I don't post much at all, I prefer lurking. ;3
    If the previous statement doesn't make it obvious enough, post count doesn't matter. You don't need a high post count to earn people's respect.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I'm one of those few people who post for the post count and the meaningfulness of my posts. I try to make as many posts as I can while making each post worthwhile, since I'm aiming for a blog on the PokeCommunity, and in order to do that, I need to gain 5000 posts. Yes, I could just get hand-picked by a staff member or donate, but it's relatively easier for me to gain 5000 posts rather than achieve one of the other conditions.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I post when I have something to contribute, if not I stay quiet ^^

Honestly, joining a forum to get a large post count is pretty....sad :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back