• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you prefer D/P/Pt or HG/SS?

Your fave Gen 4 Games?

• Total voters

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
  • I enjoyed Pokemon Version Soul Silver, koffi~

It felt like there was much more to do in Johto than in Sinnoh this time around. Contests, the Pokethon, and having any Pokemon follow me around was quite the plus. They'd find items and such for me it was great. Sad to see the feature go. Also, it was easier to grow berries for me, koff~

Silais

That useless reptile
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I honestly had more fun with HGSS, most likely because I had played Gold, Silver and Crystal as a kid and the nostalgia made the new games all the more enjoyable.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • To be honest, I actually hated Pokémon D/P/Pt.
    They were bad in every way they could be: the storyline was a mess, the aftergame was a failure.

In my opinion , I would prefer HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Years
  • I have to say HGSS mostly because it has more pokemon that I grew up with and it has a familiar area, being Kanto. :) Doesn't mean I love DPP any less :D

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • I like D\P\Pm Cause this are the only pokemon games that is based on Sinnoh region and H\S are remake of pokemon gold silver. Its very good for graphics its has better graphics then D\P\PM but i don't like it because of the old Pokemons. And the same region.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    HG/SS because in D/P/PL its a giant pain getting to Snowpoint city and climbing mt. coronet is even worse then the path to snowpoint city... so HG/SS takes my vote.

Nymue

Draconic Neophyte
    Years
  • It's close, but I prefer HG/SS. It comes down to region, and I just love Johto/Joto's cities. Somehow the cities of D/P/Pt don't feel as authentic to me.

Mystify

confused
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    I liked DPPt more than I did HGSS. I find the music better and the story kept my interest long enough to play through the whole game. If I remember correctly I stopped playing HG before even beating the Elite Four in Johto and reset it just to play up to where you get Ho-Oh so I could SR for a shiny. Once I got the shiny I sent it to Platinum and then never touched HG again. Team Galactic in DPPt was a breath of fresh air and made it a lot more fun. In HG when you're up against Team Rocket I just thought, "Oh god, these guys again." I feel I worded this explanation terribly, but oh well. DPPt for me. Don't see why it seems to be the most hated. It wasn't that bad.

Has GF (not girlfriend it means gamefreak)

Why did this make me laugh.

Years
  • I'm gonna start of by stating that Diamond is my all-time favorite Pokemon game so far, so, obviously, I think that the DPPt games are better than HGSS. It's just the way the game flows that I like, I prefer the story on the DPPt games over any of the other games. Furthermore, the Pokemon in the game are by far my favorites, which is obviously a big influence on my decision.

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
    Years
  • This may sound slightly cheap... but I liked HG/SS more simply sue to nostalgia appeal. The other fourth gen titles were Ok, but for me nothing quite matched the excitement of exploring Johto again, all redone and ready to go on the D.S.

Back