• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you put effort into your signature/avatars/etc

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    My whaaa-? As you can see, I invest no effort into my avatar and theme and whatnot. Never got around to making/requesting one, never found one that caught my eye etc.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Not really. I just pick something I'm randomly into, take a crop or two, add some gradient text, some CSS padding and all, and I'm all done lol. And honestly I find it looks alright that way so I'm not bothered about putting in any more work that that.

Tho I don't like my current theme and I should change it.

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
    Years
    I usually make my own banners, and I usually do some kind of editing to my avatars. But not that much. I do some work, but not as much as I should.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I finally put some effort into my signature, but my avatar I simply resized and added a border. I learned how to do the image within text in GIMP just for my signature!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    Not anymore, really... I just resize the images and that's about it. I used to make them look nice, but I haven't done anything with graphics in so long that I can't really get back into it.

So yeah, not much effort.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yup! Sometimes more than others, but I always put some effort into my avatar/signature in some way shape or form. Either it's making the banner or image that goes into the signature, the avatar, the CSS, the text, and so on and so forth. This current one that I have took quite a bit of time, most specifically with the image and the text.

Of course, I do have times when I just toss things together quickly or just use an older style and edit it, but that's what happens when I'm being in decisive and I don't have a set theme to keep for a while.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2011
    Very much so. I tend to only put things in my avatar and signature that I've drawn. If anything I may get a little too persnickity! For example, on another forum I have an edited animated gif of my version of Shepard from Mass Effect (based off of sprites from Phoenix Wright)... that took me around 2 hours to edit... singing lyrics from eight little speech bubbles that randomly rotate.

Problem? I don't have a problem... >>

Ayselipera

Not at all! I never put up a signature and all my avatars are just randomly found. Often times I don't even like them, but I keep them up because I can't find/I'm too lazy to find another one or the one I have currently just looks better than anything else I've tried.

Also I don't know how to CSS anything or use it or whatever the proper terminology for it is which just gives me more of a reason to not even bother. I don't ever crop, recolor, or make any editing to my avatars because I just can't. Which I'm sure you've all been able to notice this by now<33

Years
    I put a little effort into my avatar, and none into my signature.

I think since I first started at PC, I've had maybe 2 avatars (plus my current one) where I took a picture I found and edited it a bit to my liking. Any other time I just used a random picture that I liked.

I've also had a grand total of one signature (that I didn't even make), and right now I don't even have one. I actually don't even bother with signatures any more, and I have them disabled.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Yup I usually do. I only put as much effort in until I am satisfied with the final product. Whether it's the CSS or simple edits to a stock I don't usually stop till I'm really like the final product whether it is a tag or icon.

Years
    Yes I do, I often use simple images and make them interesting.

I often like to use Oshawott in my signatures, but don't expect to see any Wikileaks stuff in my signature (I HATE JULIAN ASSANGE!)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I used to put a lot of effort into my themes and Photoshopping them to look good and stuff, but now I just kind of find images, do a little colour editing and voilà. I really don't have the desire/energy to put thought into themes anymore.

Perfection

I'll Miss PC.
    Years
    I'm so terrible at CSS. I don't know a thing to it. All that I know is that I'm a looser, and nobody seems to notice it. Haha. I put a lot of effort to my siggy, but my siggy isn't what I actually wanted, so I'll probably change it.

Back