• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DO YOU REALLY USE YOUR LEGENDARIES?

legendaries

• Total voters

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
  • A Simple Question:

Do you really use your legendary Pokemon in competitive Battling (it can be with friends or through Wi-fi) or do you do what many people do and throw them in the PC and never touch them again?

I'm asking this question because legendary Pokemon are always bragged about so.......

I am one of those trainers that only use Giratina, the other legendaries, I catch them, put them in the PC and never look at them again.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I only use one legendary in my team, and that's only when I am having trouble going through a battle. Articuno (in RBY, as well as FR/LG), and Lugia (GSC) are two of the most common legendaries I use on my Pokemon parties. They both have been pretty useful.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • The last time I remember actually using a legendary pokemon was on my first playthrough of Soul Silver with Lugia. I haven't used any since because for the most part, they are too overpowered compared to the rest of my team.

Pokémon Trainer Dylan

Pokémon League Champion
    Years
  • I'm trying to get into the habit of simply releasing legendary Pokémon back into the wild after catching them. Because of this, I obviously don't battle with them.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I used the WIN2011 Celebi to stall Elesa, does that count?

If not, no.
    In fact, the only reason why I used Lugia against the elite four was for the lulz.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The only time I used them was when I used Palkia in Pearl because I was trying to speed through the game really fast. Otherwise I don't use them because I feel like it's cheap. :c

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I tend to not use them. I don't think I've used one in a "serious" battle since... the second generation? I see them more as collector's items.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

Other than using Raikou on Black to battle a couple of trainers (my team was over-levelled) and capture Zoroark, no. I hardly ever use them. Although I have a Manaphy egg, and I will definitely use that.

Oh, and I always use Reshiram against N and Ghetsis.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Um, I use them if I wanna. I don't like having more than one legendary in my team, but sometimes I come out with more than one. But idc, it's my team, not yours~

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't use legendaries because by the time I get them I've already got an established team. They usually just spend time in the PC box.

Since they can't breed, trying to fit them into a competitive team is nearly impossible because they'll have totally random IV's.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • As soon as I found out you can't use most of the legendaries in Wi-fi battles, I stopped caring about them. I don't even use them in-game anymore, the exception being Mewtwo because he's a badass.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    In-game, all the time. I've got a set that I've raised to be powerhouses (all ubers too :P) so I can sweep the powerful trainers when I'm just fighting for the money or trying to raise a low-level quickly. Competitively, I use a few sometimes, namely Zapdos, Terrakion, and Latias. They fit well with my team and allow me to have some support so I can use a few UUs sometimes.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I don't use them. Mainly because I think it's game-breaking, but my team is also on a bigger level than them usually when they are encountered. I also can't use most of them in Wi-Fi battling and Battle Subway.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I've never really used legendaries to battle competitively. I don't know why. In-game, I use them if I want to. If I really like a legendary, I'll use it. No real strict rule. Some may stay in the PC, but that's that. When I was younger, I used to use legendaries more. My approach to my team is kind of different now.

Years
  • NO I DO NOT got i hate capital titles

There is a reason i used to nickname most of my legendaries as 'Trophy', and why they sit in the box marked 'Trophy Cabinet'. (abbreviated obviously)

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I used to have at least one on my team (the version mascots in GSC and RSE), but now, I rarely use them. When I do it's not the overpowered "Uber" ones. They just take the fun out of the game.

Years
  • I usually catch them and put them in my PC to rot, lol. But I usually keep one in my team, but I personally don't like having more than one on my team.

Back