• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you Rely on Only One Pokemon?

RocketAdmin.

Custom User Title. :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    I used to think Starter Pokemon and Legendaries were superior to others, unitl I bought a guide which showed me the stats of each Pokemon compared with each other. So now I generally use Pokemon I either really like, or Pokemon with awesome stats. I never use Starters after the Pokemon League and rarely use Legendaries. (:

Years
    I rely on this male Swellow(lvl 100) that I got especially attached too on my Sapphire and decided to send it over to Diamond. I'll eventually send it to Platinum and then HG/SS, but for now it remains my most relied on Pokemon. When I battle w/ my friends, I send Swellow out at the last minute and cream them.. :)

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    not any more really. i lvl up my pokemon almost evenly so everyone of them is important

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    No, I always have a team of six at around the same level. I let my brother blitz through the game with only one Pokemon XD

I find it easier to have a variety of moves and types to choose from.

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
    Years
    Not always, no. But in times of trouble, I tend to use my Gyarados as a crutch. Mainly I try to keep all my Pokemon the same levels, too. And I mean all; I switch Pocket Monsters in and out of my PC periodically.

Last edited:

Moskau

Oh, dear...
    Years
    I try not too, but I got really attached to Hermann, my Vigoroth, in Sapphire. I tend to use him quite a lot, it's hard to get the others up to level with him!

BiZNicK

Stop looking at me.
    Years
    I've always used a full team, i've tried doing the solo thing and it was pretty boring. There's tons of pokemon out there and I like to experience training and battling with a variety of types.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    eh no not really, but on my very first run through of sapphire i only relied on my blaziken, it was in the upper 50s when i went to go challenge th E4. BIG MISTAKE. So now i rely on my entire team :]

Brush

Walking PokeDex
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    No, because you end up having to other Pokemon the weakest. So if you stick to one Pokemon, you train it blah blah and then the other Pokemon that you own are alot worse and left out.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I can't. I was just never able to have one overpowered, strong Pokemon. It just bugs me for some reason o_o. The least I can have on my team is four.

toothfairy

Battling since Blue
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    I always have since i first started Pokemon games

first i just used my starter but now i usually use a pokemon i can find in the first couple of routes

Back