• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Do you save before you try?

Chibi - Dalgia_X

[Y da hell am i smilin]
    Years
    ok peeps I see it this way

games may seem a waste of time to some that is why it is better to save your work/game before you do something huge like a Boss battle

because if you die and you have to do it again and u forgot to save then you have just waisted a whole lot of your time playing a game that you haven't gotten anywhere in and if you had have saved before hand you wouldn't of wasted your time playing it.

So either way playing games is sorta wasting your time and thats why we love then so much because they waste unwanted time. XD

gets my point

anyway in answering ur question

Yes i do save before every major fight

NekoRobin

>______>
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    It's somewhat all the way round..If you soft-reset when losing from elite four for example, you lose all the experience..
    I lost only once (twice, when you count the soft reset) in DP for example, and both the losts were from the champion of Pokemon league/E4, I didn't do the soft-reset-trick on the second time cause I knew I had to train more.
    My way to train = Beat the E4 members again XD

Years
    Guess I'm a cheater according to you, because before big battles, like Gym Battles or E4 Battles, I save. Also, I save before attempting to capture a legendary.

Years
    I save kind of often. Usually before a Gym/Elite Four/Rival Battle, a fight between myself and a Legendary, before I stop playing, before link battling or something of the like, or before I go and try to do something epic. This is like...how do I say, choosing a starter? You know what I mean! Making choices like that...

Oh crap, I just can't find the right choice of words! ><

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2008
    If saving before a legendary is cheating, thats like saying saving in general is cheating. because if you save and a wild pokemon K.O.s you, and you reset, then they dont know they just beat you. So, whats the difference?

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Try playing a first person shooter like Half-Life - You'll find you'll be saving regularly.

There is nothing wrong at all with saving before a big battle. You won't be cheating. You have in no way altered your abilities or stats. You may be playing differently in order to win, sure, but what's wrong with that? It's just like losing and playing again, except with perhaps having a bit more money, but what's the deal? I play through almost every Pokémon game without buying anything at all.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2007
    I only save before I fight legendaries, not before every single battle or whatever.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    I only save before Legendaries and E4 or when my battery is low and I'm worried about it running out :P

I also believe that saving before a regular trainer or rival battle is cheating.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    There's really not much difference in saving before a battle (in case you lose) and saving like that in Halo. Because, if you screw up, you're going to reload and do things differently aren't you? That's what games are - Working out the best strategy to avoid defeat.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    If Pokemon remembered the wins and loses of the game, most savers would have 0 loses. This is clearly not true, they turned it off to stop all those loses.

Well, I'm a "saver", as you put it. However, while it's smart to be a "saver", I've never had to actually "soft reset" and fall back on my saved game. I succeed first time.

I believe it's caution, not cheating. And you know the saying, "Better safe than sorry."

Back