• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you still have your starter Pokémon in your party?

Do you still have your starter Pokémon in your party?

• Yes

Votes: 119 62.3%
  • Yes, but only because I don't have good Pokémon

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • No, I gave it away

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • No

Votes: 57 29.8%

• Total voters

TeaTiMe

Breeder Elite
    Years
    Torn

I like my starter but to be honest I don't really keep him with me all the time mainly because it's a pain to carry a grass when I have a better grass pokemon and a super powered electric... but I used him in the league and I'll always use my starters for that :P

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
    nope

Can't say I do have my starter! In the older games I used to constantly have my starter pokémon, no matter what it was with me, but in all honesty, diamond pearl and platinum... I tend to replace my starter. Piplup got very quickly replaced with Vaporeon haha. Well actually I liked piplup, but when it ivovled I was like DX!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    As I am getting a Battle Tower team ready, in Pokémon Pearl I do not have my starter pokémon with me. I would love to, but since some of my Battle Tower pokémon are strong enough to battle pokémon in the grass by themselves, I don't need it. Perhaps if I had my starter for the Battle Tower, I would be able to keep it with me, but since I chose not to it is in the PC. Though it will come back once I reach a certain amount of Battle Points at the Battle Tower.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    No. There are so many better Pokémon than the starters. I usually don't have any starters in my party, though occasionally I'll have a Charizard, Blaziken, or something. But none of the newer ones.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Yeah. I keep my starter in every single game. I'm pretty sentimental, so...

Silvergale

..... >:(
    Years
    I always keep Torterra in my party, even if I don't particularly use him a lot.

He's always there as a reinforcement and friend to the rest of my Pokemon

:)

Kumata

Webcomic artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I said no, but I sort of do... my starter on my most recent save was a Turtwig, and I have a Torterra, but it didn't evolve from it... I specifically bred a better Turtwig for use and traded it over from a friend's DS when I started again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    Nope, its in my PC because I already breed and EV trained a better one.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    i kimda traded my inferape 4 my lv100 black charizard (it was ta best trade i ever made)

but the charizard is always wit me nomader wat

Lyra.

Usagi Small Lady Serenity
    Years
    Believe it or not, I still do. But the rest of my party changes not very often.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Yup my starter is with me all the way:
    Emerald: Mudkip
    Ruby: Torchic
    Sapphire: Treecko
    Fire Red: charmander
    Leaf Green: all three xD
    Gold:Typhlosion
    Silver: all 3
    Crystal: all 3
    My Pokemon Ruby hack: Cyndaquil
    My Emerald Hack: Chikorita
    Fire Red hack: Cyndaquil
    DPPt: Piplup, he's so cute XP

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I love the starters throughout the main storyline. I keep them in my party at all times. In fact, they are usually at the highest level.

Back