• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you think Cyrus will ever come back?

Toa Hyro

master of shadows
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    When do these guys ahve time to have a child
    There busy being evil
    Then explain Silver in GSC/HgSs. I think he could find a the back entrance in turnback cave and come out planning his revenge on Lucas/Dawn who he blamed for his banishment which he ultimately brung a pon himself and travels to the Isshu region where you and Lucas/Dawn team up against him.

Last edited:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    He probably escaped the moment the player came back to the Distortion World. Cyrus seems to be that kind of person who sits there all day plotting a way to get out. That, or he killed himself. He's going to die eventually if stuck there long enough.

Perhaps one day when Nintendo creates a remake of D/P/Pt, they could include an event where the player is able to defeat Cyrus again. Cyrus could be planning on capturing Arceus and the player must stop him for the last time. Cyrus would appear at the top of Mt. Coronet to steal the Azure Flute from the player.

shamin32

The Wanna be Champion
    Years
    i reakon he'll come back as the elite four champion in black and white or will help you along the way.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    He screwed himself. He's gone for good. If he had an ambition that didn't involve completely pwning himself and everyone in the face regardless of whether he was successful or not he'd be fine.

The only leader that deserves to keep coming back is Giovanni. He just wanted to rule the world. He wasn't trying to dry up the world and let everyone dehydrate themselves to death, trying to flood it so that everything without gills is completely screwed, or try to create a new world by unbalancing time and space and therefore screwing reality and thinking that those things are going to work.

Turnabout

bonk!
    Years
    Well, it's obviously very unlikely but MAN would it be awesome.
    One of my biggest wishes for future pokemon games is to have more cameos/references to characters from previous games.
    It makes the pokemon universe seem more realistic.

I mean, even one or two references about Cyrus in B/W would really make my day C:

Also, it makes me sad that he showed no remorse for his actions at the end of Platinum and still vowed to create a new universe. It was like no one cared about him and LET him wonder off again into the distortion world, it made me feel bad...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    that might be pretty cool actually, but would he be the champion, or not? if not, what would his type be? Dark maybe?
    I would like the idea of him coming back and being one of the gym leaders in Isshu. Possibly dark or maybe poison.

Years
    I don't think he's coming back since he failed twice trying to create a new world. I don't think he's going to be in Black and White either since they'll have to make him fit in this whole new,upcoming generation.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I do realize that some people may be right in that Cyrus wanted to stay in the distortion world. I mean, the exit was right there, and he just up and turned around.

Then again, he did vow that he would still create another universe...
    Even if he doesn't actually come back, some references would still be nice!

Ezashin Koori

Cold Steel Wing Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I anyone else noticing this? First, the main villian is a guy (minor). and that they realize that what they're doing isn't what they want and turn good, just before they jump off the face of the game (until you start a new game).

Giovanni - after defeating him at his gym in Viridian, he leaves and begins traveling the world, whil disbanding his agency temporarily
    Exectutive Director (GSC/HGSS) - after the failed takeover of the Radio Tower, he finally accepts defeat and the fact that Giovanni isn't coming back, disbans the remnants of the group
    Archie/Maxie - after summoning their respective legends, they both realize that what they're doing isn't going to help them reach their plans and returns the orbs, and again, destroying his team
    Cyrus (plat) - Accepts defeat in the distortion world and runs off into the Distortion World with out telling his team, causing it to collapse
    Director Scientist - after you beat Jupiter and Mars, he is arrested and thrown into the Jail the doesn't exist, therefore gets turned into empty data
    Spoiler:

Back