• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you think Cyrus will ever come back?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Come on, you saw what happened to him in platinum. It is unlikely that he will m\ever make a comeback, but that would make a pretty epic story if he could. I just wanted to know, will they just forget about him, or have him make an epic comeback? What do you think?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I don't think he will be making a comeback. Like Magma & Aqua in RSE he's down for the counting. Though he was my favorite evil team boss out of the 4 we've had so far. If he does make a comeback (in a DPPt remake, or in black/white) then I think he should be a different, better person.

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
    Nah, he's not coming back. Didn't they leave him in the distortion world? He should be satisfied with his own little world (assuming you caught Giratina, and that he is in fact alone). He has water and I guess he can survive off of those plant thingys, so...yeah.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    What happens to him in Platinum?
    He stayed in the distortion world (which was kinda stupid, considering there was a portal to the real world right there and he turned around). I think he might come back, because when you fight Mars and Jupiter in the mountain where you fight heatran, they leave to go look for him. I think that in some game they need to have a way to go into the distortion world and battle him as many times as you like, but that's just me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I personally think game wise, he already has come back.

Because if you go back to the Distortion World for the Grisceous Orb, you go all through the world and cyrus is no where to be seen.

Not to mention that portal is still there.

Plus, there isn't any food or water there so he wouldn't last long.

So either he died or went through the portal.

He couldn't live there.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Actually, there is water, and the plant things might be edible, idk. but you're right, it is strange that you don't ever see him again. But when you come back to the distortion world for the Griseous Orb, you don't go through the entire distortion world.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Yeah, but that msu tmean after you left, it changed and that's how it looks now without Giratina.

And the plants wouldn't last long without sunlight and I don't believe there is water the second time around.

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
    He stayed in the distortion world (which was kinda stupid, considering there was a portal to the real world right there and he turned around). I think he might come back, because when you fight Mars and Jupiter in the mountain where you fight heatran, they leave to go look for him. I think that in some game they need to have a way to go into the distortion world and battle him as many times as you like, but that's just me.

When has that ever happened? I mean, they never make sequels to these games except for RBY and HGC. I really doubt anything like that will happen. But have any of you noticed how dark the games are getting? I can only imagine what Black and White is gonna be about...

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    It didn't necessarily have to come in a sequal to Platinum specifically, nintendo could bring him back in B/W if they wanted to.

Years
    I think it would be pretty cool if he had an epic comeback, but in all seriousness I don't think Cyrus is coming back :| I just feel like Nintendo (or whoever) wouldnt bother doing it.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    yeah, it would be a great story, but it probably won't happen. If it does, it might involve giratina coming back as well. maybe cyrus actually using giratina in battle or something.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    Unless there's a remake in Gen 6 or something, I doubt he'll come back. However, if a remake does happen at some point, I guarantee we will see more of him as a character. However, I doubt he'll be leading an epic charge out of the Distortion World or something. He's basically given up at the end of Platinum. And the two admins in Heatran's place don't leave to look for him, I'm pretty sure they just plain quit Team Galactic.

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
    It didn't necessarily have to come in a sequal to Platinum specifically, nintendo could bring him back in B/W if they wanted to.

But, what I'm saying is they've only done that with RBY and HGC. I doubt they might do it again. He could appear as a cameo, but I doubt anything major. Although, I could be wrong. Not saying I'm right. =/

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    yeah, he was pretty awesome. He was in the most awesome scene to date in a pokemon game, and he was a large part of it too. and remember that also in platinum, Mars and Jupiter went to look for him.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Actually, there is water, and the plant things might be edible, idk. but you're right, it is strange that you don't ever see him again. But when you come back to the distortion world for the Griseous Orb, you don't go through the entire distortion world.

Do we even now how big the distortion world really is? I loved it and felt like it didn't get as big a part of the story as it should have, and I'd love it if Game Freak brought it back in black & white. Along w/ Cyrus of course. If he makes a comeback despite me wanting him to be a good guy, I think his time in the distortion world would have just made him stronger.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    Well, obviously your forgetting about ciphers leaders, what if with the 3d abilities of the 3ds an orre remake? It would be actually really cool if ciphers leader and Cyrus teamed up, that would be SO EPIC!!!

Back