• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Hunter J was a great villain for Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Title says it all. If you like Hunter J, then put it in your reply to this thread and state your reasons. If you don't, then that's tough cheese.

And don't say that you hate Hunter J because she abuses Pokemon. THAT'S THE FREAKIN' POINT! She's a Pokemon Hunter and a villain at that! Not everything in Pokemon has to be all Hunky Doory and I personally think that a badass villain like J was the best thing that Diamond & Pearl ever brought us other than Paul. Hell, she even surpass Giovanni (who barely does anything in the Anime).

Sorry, I have a weakness for evil, badass characters in fiction.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'll be honest. Hunter J was probably the best Villain in the history of Pokemon. I really doubt you'll get any tougher than her. It was such a waste to just kill her off.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yes, J was one of the best Pokemon villains ever, up to the point that she uses her Pokemon to threaten to kill others.

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I'll be honest. Hunter J was probably the best Villain in the history of Pokemon. I really doubt you'll get any tougher than her. It was such a waste to just kill her off.

There has been no confirmation that she is dead.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    There has been no confirmation that she is dead.
    Well it's a bit of a duh, the writers wouldn't confirm it though, because it's a childrens program - parents would complain!

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011

Well it's a bit of a duh, the writers wouldn't confirm it though, because it's a childrens program - parents would complain!

If it hasn't been confirmed, then it can't stand as fact.

Plus, the subject of death is nothing new to the franchise, so I doubt censoring is the issue.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    I think Hunter J was a great villin for pokemon anime and she would make a great team rocket member or even leader of team rocket and if she isn't dead I would love to see more of her in the upcoming B/W series. It's unlikely she will ever appear in upcoming B/W series due to team plasma and N's story line.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • Yes she was what the d/p sieries needed.

But I have faith in team rocket for best wishes! with the previews I've seen and all that.

Not to mension team plasma are knights =P

They will never replace team aqua and magma though, they were my fav's =)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Did parents complain when Latios or Lucario died? I don't think so.. So having Hunter J's death confirmed should have no problem either if it was confirmed.
    Meh, alot of people probably just thought lucario went to be with the aura guy (forgot his name) and Latios was seen at the end of the movie in the sky with Latias and their father or somthing. And neither died by being hit by a pokemon and sunk to the bottom of a lake trapped in a shipthing~ Dear oh dear!~

If it hasn't been confirmed, then it can't stand as fact.

Plus, the subject of death is nothing new to the franchise, so I doubt censoring is the issue.

Considering what clivekoopa said, Lucario's death wasn't "confirmed"

Years

• Meh, alot of people probably just thought lucario went to be with the aura guy (forgot his name) and Latios was seen at the end of the movie in the sky with Latias and their father or somthing.

That was a different Latios just like the others what were seen at the end were different Latios and Latias.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    When it comes to pokemon they never suppose to die but just faint. So do you guys think there is such thing as PokéHevean in pokemon universe?

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Considering what clivekoopa said, Lucario's death wasn't "confirmed"

It died right on screen, and it was stated by Kid that it would have to sacrifice itself like Sir Aaron did in order to save the tree.

So it did in fact die.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    It died right on screen, and it was stated by Kid that it would have to sacrifice itself like Sir Aaron did in order to save the tree.

So it did in fact die.
    Yes, but it wasn't "Confirmed" as you said ealier, neither was J's "death", she and her members all drowned in that lake... that doesn't need confirming, same with Lucario, yes they did say on screen that it sacrificed itself like sir aaron, but thats kinda okay, you can't exspect some character on screen to say Hunter J and her minions were literally murdered by a pokemon - they were hit by an attack or somthing and drowned into the sea, but that would make a bad rep for pokemon and parents wouldn't let their children watch the show.

I wouldn't be suprised if she was alive anyway, she probably had something on that ship to save them, they had alot of hightech gear and Im sure the police would have removed the ship from the sea and she might of surivived, just look at Zero, they didn't just leave him in his robotthing to die in the ice, the othorities got him out! He's in prison or somthing now though (it was shown in another movies credits, can't remember which one)

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Yes, but it wasn't "Confirmed" as you said ealier, neither was J's "death", she and her members all drowned in that lake... that doesn't need confirming, same with Lucario, yes they did say on screen that it sacrificed itself like sir aaron, but thats kinda okay, you can't exspect some character on screen to say Hunter J and her minions were literally murdered by a pokemon - they were hit by an attack or somthing and drowned into the sea, but that would make a bad rep for pokemon and parents wouldn't let their children watch the show.

What do you mean it wasn't confirmed? It died right there on screen, that's visual confirmation of it's death.

Where J on the other hand wasn't shown dying or was even mentioned as being dead. But of course, as you said, you can't expect them to show or say any of that because it's a kids show. But the fact that it's a kid show would also support the claim that she's still alive because they most likely wouldn't kill anyone off on a program aimed at children.

So there's no proof whatsoever to support the claim that she's dead, just specualtion.

just look at Zero, they didn't just leave him in his robotthing to die in the ice, the othorities got him out! He's in prison or somthing now though (it was shown in another movies credits, can't remember which one)
    He was arrested during the credits of Giratina & The Sky Warrior.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    He was arrested during the credits of Giratina & The Sky Warrior.
    I know, I ment in actual prison, I remember now, it was In the Arceus movie credits, that guy from the movie before came into there to give him Infi!

I ment as in, they both actually died on screen, I don't really think they said anything because it was a serious death - or shes just alive as you've said xD I give up....

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • yeah J brings maturity, which is really what we need. (some of) the pokemon movies were really mature and moving, serious, and touching.
    I agree with this post totally.

Hunter J was one of those villains in Pokémon that I actually hated. This means that she achieved what was set out for her and that was to be evil, heartless and hated by many. I think she is one of the best villains and no one, not even Team Rocket, can compare to her evil but fantastically realistic personality.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I liked J. I was really glad that she was able to work with Team Galactic (I only like Team Rocket and Galactic, the others kind of bore me) and I thought it was even cooler when it actually showed her dying on screen. You never see death in Pokemon, so it made everything more bittersweet and badass.

Back