• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Misty will make her return? - For good

Do you think Misty will come back for good?

• Total voters

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    ~*Autumn Phoenix*~ said:
    2.Get rid of Brock and replace him with Misty!!! Brock does not even do anything except cook. He hasn't caught a pokemon in a while! He should leave the group!!!
    He does quite a bit more than cook. He acts a lot like Ash's big brother, and even though he doesn't have the most extensive pok?mon collection, the few he has are enough he needs to traverse the land. Besides, remember how boring the Orange Islands were with no Brockish big brother figure?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Tracey was even more boring than...than...uhh...a...uhh...well he sure was boring, that's for sure. I can't say that I miss him actually (no offense to any fans of Mr. Sketchit) I don't see how they could abandon the most important main character (besides Ashie-boy) forever without a second thought. I have my doubts that the animators are that cruel...they deprived us of Brock for a season, then saw the error of their ways. We can only hope the same goes for Misty.

And it is annoying how little they show Gary anymore. Without an antagonist every now and then (and TR is no antagonist, not since the first few episodes of the first season have they ever been formidable, mean-spirited, or frightening in any way) the show becomes boring. Ash's life can't be rainbows and sugarplums all the time, not that I want to see him miserable or anything though o_O Gary was my favorite antagonist, and it was a mistake for the writers to suddenly make him all nice and give him some crazy idea to follow in Old Sam's footsteps and become a pokemon researcher/professor...that goes against everything Gary is: a mega-talented trainer with a thirst for supremacy and a hatred of Ash. It was foolish to keep him from going to Hoenn. The show was so much better when Ash had a rival.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Agreed. And he could develop a good amount of emotion in the show, much of which is lacking in AG. Notice how whenever he appeared and began his litany of insults you felt a splash of rage with some "Beat hi into the ground, Ash" thrown in for good measure?

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
    Years
    I'm almost positive Misty will return. She's a part of the series. She has been there since the beginning, and will be there until the end. Brock left, but he came back. So why shouldnt Misty?

And its not like they dumped Misty's voice actor. She's still there as Jessie. So that means she will probably come back

Years
    i would be happy if pikachu left even thought it will never happen but still pikachu makes the pokemon series to babies he should be more aggresive like a tyranitar not with hes pika pika crap lol

Years
    Whoa, some powerful comments.

I can't say anything whether Misty will come back or not. After watching May and Max in her place, I really can't tell it she's coming back, if anytime soon. Now, I can see how those two are quite the important characters they don't know they are.

It stinks that the producers added this whole RPG element to the show. Because of it, they only limit three characters for the main traveling group and another temporary member if needed.

Wait a minute. There's four in the group now, right? Well, yes and no. True that there's Ash, Brock, May, and Max, but the two newest members can be considered as one whole character. May is old enough to be a Pok?mon Trainer, but definately does not have the slightest idea on Pok?mon. Instead, she knows nearly everything else. Max on the other hand knows too much Pok?mon at his age, but he doesn't qualify of becoming a trainer as he's not of age and Max really doesn't have life experience as long as May does. Basically, May and Max are two halves of a personality of one. They support each other. If either of those two were seperated, the other would basically have an extremely tough time traveling.

And if Chairman Kaga's rightin post #18, then that adds another RPG element to the show. Since in RPGs you can only bring a certain amount of characters with you, you have to deposit your others that aren't used. Then you could switch your characters when you need to if the situation calls for it. (If you haven't guessed, I'm a RPG player)

The season is nearly over in Japan, but I don't see any signs that Misty's back yet. If the producers saw that taking out Brock was such a bad idea, wouldn't have they learned their mistakes and not cut out Misty in the first place? And if they thought that, they should have brought her back much sooner than Brock because I'm pretty sure there are MUCH more Misty fans than there are Brock fans.(sorry)

Shiny May

Gilmore Girls and May Fan!
    Years
    I agree with you on that halfly dqle

May doesn't know that much about pokemon but when looking at her in the japanese version she learned so much. Ash didn't knew much in the beginning too.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    The season is nearly over in Japan, but I don't see any signs that Misty's back yet. If the producers saw that taking out Brock was such a bad idea, wouldn't have they learned their mistakes and not cut out Misty in the first place? And if they thought that, they should have brought her back much sooner than Brock because I'm pretty sure there are MUCH more Misty fans than there are Brock fans.

However, bringing Misty back befor the AG arc is over would be a sever break in storyline. I'm sure that the producers knew that we wanted Brock back well befor TOI arc was over, but the didn't break the storyline like that, so draw your own conclusions.

Years
    I dont care what happens i just want team rocket to die and pikachu and maybe i think brock needs a life he cant get girls and ash he can stay and max i hope he dies cuz hes to nerdy and may i hope .. she just dies to

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
    Well I'm 50/50 on this. They kind of complicated things when they brought Haruka and Masato in since they are brother and sister. What I think they will do is at the end of Houen, Masato will get his own spin-off show and Kasumi might return. I dunno what they'll do with Haruka, I mean they could keep for a while and reveal some emotions going on between Satoshi and the 2 girls, but I doubt they would.

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
    robyextreme said:
    I dont care what happens i just want team rocket to die and pikachu and maybe i think brock needs a life he cant get girls and ash he can stay and max i hope he dies cuz hes to nerdy and may i hope .. she just dies to
    Uhh if main characters died Ash would cry and then something cheesy would happen and they'd all come back to life and it'd be all "Yay your back" so uhh dont wish that upon the US Pokemon, with 4Kids in control.

I agree with Adamant Dodger and Chairman Kaga back on page one...

Well ya know, Misty's sisters can't be going on a trip around the world forever. When they do come back, they're gonna wanna kick Misty out, and well I bet then she'll go find Ash.

But uh yes, Max serves no purpose but to act like a know-it-all and fill in little kids on whats going on in a battle or something... although his role in Wishmaker he had a fairly good role. He stole Brock's purpose, which is to be wise during battles and let us know whats going on, if we're like, blind or something.

May isn't all that bad guys. She's new, yeah, but its not her fault, Ash was dumb when he started out too. Yeah, she's completely differenty from Misty, but change isnt always bad.

And uh, offtopic but I'm going to have to say that they need to revive the Ash and Gary rivalry more. Like, more of Gary writing "Ash is a Loser" on signs when he's ahead and stuff, that'd make things very much more interesting.

Anyway, I voted 50/50. If she comes back, I won't mind, but if she only makes rare appearences, I won't mind either, she's done her time in the series.

ash_misty4ever

We should be lovers....
    Years
    Well, I think Misty will come back, and not because I am a pokeshipper. Ok maybe a little pokeshipping involved. OK, HERE I GO:

The creators just wanted misty to leave so when she does come back, there will be more fans watching the series. They tried that with Brock, and they are trying it with Misty. With Max and May, tey just needed to add a new turn on things, new trainer,Brother sister fights= humor(stupid humor). Now, with Misty's new clothes, Togepi gone, and her relation with Ash, The creators may be focusing the new series on Ash and Misty(There will only be 4 badges). I guess they would do this so we HAVE to watch the show so we won't miss out on anything.

:paranoid: That took a long time to type it, and I don't know if it makes sense, but it does to me. Moral of the story, people are power hungry and want more ratings!

Shiny May

Gilmore Girls and May Fan!
    Years
    I've got some things about statement you made in this reply. Don't read if you don't want to know about specials and future ag episodes in Japan or non-aired american episodes.

*SPOILERS*

jokestr2004 said:
    Uhh if main characters died Ash would cry and then something cheesy would happen and they'd all come back to life and it'd be all "Yay your back" so uhh dont wish that upon the US Pokemon, with 4Kids in control.

I agree with Adamant Dodger and Chairman Kaga back on page one...

Well ya know, Misty's sisters can't be going on a trip around the world forever. When they do come back, they're gonna wanna kick Misty out, and well I bet then she'll go find Ash.

Do remember these are all spoilers. Misty's sisters have returned from their world trip in a special and Misty did return for 2 episodes but she returned back to Cerulean City...

May isn't all that bad guys. She's new, yeah, but its not her fault, Ash was dumb when he started out too. Yeah, she's completely differenty from Misty, but change isnt always bad.

And uh, offtopic but I'm going to have to say that they need to revive the Ash and Gary rivalry more. Like, more of Gary writing "Ash is a Loser" on signs when he's ahead and stuff, that'd make things very much more interesting.

Anyway, I voted 50/50. If she comes back, I won't mind, but if she only makes rare appearences, I won't mind either, she's done her time in the series.

Good thing about may

and about the gary vs. Ash. They both grew up. Since the beginning both of them are 3 years older now. It would be really weird if they stayed immature like that. And Gary has a new dream now and helps prof. Oak now with his research.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2004
    I'm not a big fan of May myself, I am a big fan of Misty though, even though she's mean her personality makes the show better. I sure do hope that Misty does come back later, May is nice though but sometimes she can be annoying, but to tell you the truth both characters are great. Misty may be a tomboy but so are other people. May, I think she's to girly. Well I just hope Misty does come back, sometimes she makes me laugh. I think she deserved to stay on the show. May can also stay, but nothing will ever change me from being a Misty fan. GO MISTY!!!!

Back