• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think of unown as a.....

What do you think?

• Heck no are you crazy?

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Yes it should be

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I dont care.....

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    It's a pseudo-legendary like Lucario and Absol but less powerful
    Sorry but Lucario and Absol are not Pseudo-legends. The only pseudo legends are: Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp. And Unown is ASSOCIATED with legends but is NOT a legend itself.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Sorry but Lucario and Absol are not Pseudo-legends. The only pseudo legends are: Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp. And Unown is ASSOCIATED with legends but is NOT a legend itself.
    Well well well ;) Those dragon types aren't legends ;)
    Just ubers. Pseudo-legendaries are those who aren't legends but they had important role in movies :)

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Not that I really care that much, but the only thing about Unown that I can see making people say that its a Legendary, is its ancient status and the fact that it is one of the primary Pokemon driving the plot of the third movie. To me, that isn't enough and the fact that they are numerous is just a small part of the reason why I think they should not be classed as Legendary.

Pseudo-legendary seems to fit them much better than Legendary, (despite my dislike for the classification of "Psuedo-Legendary") but "Ancient" does even more so fitting. In my opinion, there's no doubt that they are not Legendary Pokemon; merely a connection to Legendary Pokemon.

As for the discussion of Pseudo-Legendaries, would it be safe to assume that the position of some Pokemon (such as Dragonite and Tyranitar) in the Pokedex leads them to believe they are Psuedo-Legendary Pokemon? I generally don't like using the term, because in my opinion, at the most basic level, there are just normal Pokemon and Legendary Pokemon.
    But I am curious about those Psuedo-Believers...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    i not sure about that but... they have spealical powers n stuff lyk createing a ledendery pokemon (the eeg in HG SS) and did you see the third movie...WOW

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well well well ;) Those dragon types aren't legends ;)
    Just ubers. Pseudo-legendaries are those who aren't legends but they had important role in movies :)
    No those are psuedo-legends. Psuedo-Legends do not have to do with the anime at all cause anime=/=games. Its a common known fact and you should look at this for more info.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pseudo-legendary
    Now then. Unown are in no way legendary. They breed, they have a very low total stat base, and are found in a large abundance.

derozio

Years
    Unown are in no way legendary. They breed, they have a very low total stat base, and are found in a large abundance.
    Yo! Agree completely with you here todoroki. But I believe that they are associated with legends.

rando serian

Platinum League Ghost Leader
    Years
    I believe they have a connection to legendary pokemon in the anime... but I would classify Spiritomb and Rotom as legendary long before I would classify Unown as one..

derozio

Years
    No. They are freaking weak, and they are so common...
    They are weak but are seen with legends many times. Thus I said that they have connection with legends.

I believe they have a connection to legendary pokemon in the anime... but I would classify Spiritomb and Rotom as legendary long before I would classify Unown as one..

They have connection in games too. E.g: Birth of the Dragon trio. And the next sentence is true perhaps..

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    if there are too many legendaries blame who created the 4th generation. Unown was there already and I also think it deserves to be a legend.
    For most of you being a legend means almost uncatchable and oh well, being uber strong. I don't think so.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Novelty/Legendary in lore only.

Definitely not strong enough to qualify as a "regular" Legend.

Last edited:

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    No, I have never considered them legends, maybe if we were in 700 BC, and we had no written language, otherwise, no.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    I'm getting really annoyed with you people. Yes, Unown is Legendary. If you actually played the games you'd know that they're a part of Pokemon-world legends. Heck, if you even watched the third movie you'd know that.

There's a difference between cultural legends and game legends. Christ.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Unown? I think of those little boogers as my ace in the hole on Pokemon Stadium 2, and I ain't lying. They've saved me numerous times. Why did I have one on my team? I felt bad for the little guys, but they've earned my respect. Those little letters don't screw around.

But they are more pseudo-legendary in my book. They make up a lot of the stories with legendaries (Entei and apparently Arceus now), but they're stats aren't the greatest to suit the requirements, I suppose. That and they sure ain't one of a kind.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
    I would say it's a Psudo-legend, like Metagross and various Dragon-type Pokémon are.

Also, in the anime, Psudo-Legendaries are also often concidered to be 'Legendary' Pokémon, even though they aren't quite Legendaries. lol

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Why the hell would Unknown be a legendary? I mean sure, It plays a big part in pokemon and in some movies but COME ON! It's this tiny little psychic pokemon that matches letters of the alphabet(i think).

Back