• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you think some kinds of hacking are aceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver

Kyle
Years
  • I believe cheating is only acceptable in a few cases:

Backup Pokemon: I've lost 2 Pokemon Sapphire carts and 1 Pokemon Emerald save file (the cart dislodged while the game was saving before a Secret Base battle, which erased the file instead of corrupting it like usual :(). All 3 files had many legit Lv.100 Pokemon on them. It wouldn't really be fair to force someone to catch and retrain all of those Pokemon if they've actually done the legit training before (and if some of those Pkmn were from Events). Now, it's unpractical, but if someone wrote down the stats, IVs, nature, etc. of their Pokemon in case they lost their file, they can justifiably reclaim their lost Pokemon using AR or Pokesav if they did happen to lose their file.

Lastly, if you can't find/no one's providing you a specific Pokemon, as with Kisame's Larvitar example earlier, then cheating for that is valid as well.

Besides these reasons, cheating simply for things like max stats or illegal abilities and movesets is just wrong.

(Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling or something; just wanted to get my point across!)

Err, no, any hacking of any pokemon is illegit. Even if you /had/ that pokemon and one time, it'd still be hacked, and thus you'd not be allowed to use it on wifi against people.

Also, it really isn't that hard to find any pokemon to breed with, if you feel you need to hack a pokemon in order to breed, you probably shouldn't be attempting to breed.

Another kind of hacking that I consider OK is catching any Pokémon with 31 IVs in all stats, but only to be used for Breeding, since the hatched Pokémon will be completely legit.
    No, it won't, it'd be semi legit, and plus most people who breed competitively will not accept it at all and shun you from their ranks, for that makes breeding way to easy to do if you start with a 31/31/31/31/31/31 pokemon. That's like not worth breeding then.

Years
  • NO NO NO it is like cheating and i alwayed hated cheating it takes the fun out of everything My cuz is a hacker and i hate he give me pokemon and there on really high levels so i relase them because then i feel like i cheated soyes im againts hacking and i do not see the point just play why cheat it is just being lazy

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Err, no, any hacking of any pokemon is illegit. Even if you /had/ that pokemon and one time, it'd still be hacked, and thus you'd not be allowed to use it on wifi against people.

But, if you actually took the time to hatch and train the Pokemon legitimately to Lv. 100, and if you recorded its stats and other info for backup purposes only, that should justify 'hacking' it in if you lose your save file or cart on accident. If you have the original Pokemon, then you should use that Pkmn only, and only 'clone' it if it is accidentally deleted. But if your file got deleted since you used AR for Max Stats or whatever, then you don't really have an excuse to backup Pkmn.
    It would be really annoying if you had to waste time manually train the exact same Pokemon again with the Elite 4 just because of a game error (which Ash and co. don't even have to deal with!) The time you used up training the Pkmn you recaught could be used to train other Pkmn.

With Wi-Fi battling usage, etc., if you have a 'cloned' Pkmn because you lost your legit trained one, and the clone has the exact same stats, IVs, nature, and ability as the lost legit one, that should justify the situation. With the method the Pkmn was obtained, the backup identical Pkmn has been undeniably hacked into the game, but it is only meant to rectify an accidental loss of data that can't be undone (technology simply has errors we sometimes can't control)/replace the lost legit Pkmn which was actually obtained through legit means. So, backup Pkmn should be allowed in this case.

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I live in England and have no easy way of gaining event pokemon is my getting the event code on action replay.
    i also use AR for master balls and rare candies, which i only use for trading when i need a level 40 pokemon and mine is level 20.
    surely thats okay because people can breed the pokemon and get lv. 1 pokemon anyway.

40%

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2008
    In all cases I prefer it completely legit. But, sometimes I don't mind if they're hacked in some way or another.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    The only hacks I say are.

Preset IVs and Over 510 EVs oh and Illegal Ability and Moveset.
    Only hacks :)

But dont trade hacked events !!!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back