• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you think they're running out of ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    it's kinda obvious that the whole pokemon franchise has already ran out of ideas in general. IMHO the best game so far was emerald:quite fun, decently challenging, but most importantly it was fast paced. pokemon that show up only one a week wtf? the farther the games go the more they become like grinding sessions instead actual of games.
    where it comes to pokemon they definitely stopped even trying: who cares? fanboys will eat up just about anything the second you put a pokemon stcker on it

You have 493 Pokemon nowadays and more to come, it'd be boring if you could catch them all at once. Plus when was Pokemon ever meant to be super fast paced? I mean Emerald is my favourite game too and it took me over 40 hours to beat and that's just how I prefer it but how is that fast paced?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    it's kinda obvious that the whole pokemon franchise has already ran out of ideas in general. IMHO the best game so far was emerald:quite fun, decently challenging, but most importantly it was fast paced. pokemon that show up only one a week wtf? the farther the games go the more they become like grinding sessions instead actual of games.
    where it comes to pokemon they definitely stopped even trying: who cares? fanboys will eat up just about anything the second you put a pokemon stcker on it

You're entirely wrong. They series is far from running out of ideas. Just because you didn't like some features that it has, like Drifloon only showing up once a week doesn't mean that they're running out of ideas. Honestly you seem to have quite a snobbish attitude. The game developers only did that because Drifloon isn't meant to be an easy obtainable pkmn. I'd say that its like a medium-rare :D one. If you think they're running out of ideas why don't you try to make an entirely new game that upgrades on the features/pokemon we already have now and see how easy it is. No need to bash the developers when they've put a lot of effort into pleasing people (and obviously not everyone can be pleased). Still, there is plenty more to bring in it's just not here yet. I could think of plenty of things off the top of my head just don't feel like posting them. May I ask you a question, since you seem to love complaining about pkmn games becoming more like 'grind sessions' why would you still play them?

I agree with you on Emerald being a good game though. It wasn't fast-paced IMHO. I don't think there is a specific amount of time to get through pokemon games (emerald or not). One person could zoom through in a few days and others like me just take their sweet time.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I do. Kind of at least. A lot of the new generation 5 Pokemon remind me of Digimon which I hate with a passion. Let's hope all the new Pokemon are not like that.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Not in the slightest.

Nostalgia.

Also, the fact that they probably designed all of the Pokémon during the same period, or at least had a fair amount of overlap defeats the idea that they could be running out of ideas.

I don't get why people seeing something they don't like = "OH MY GOD GAMEFREAK IS RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS POKEMON IS RUINED FOREVER."
    It's sad that this quote isn't even exaggerating. . .

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Over 500 Pokemon?

Of course they're running out of ideas. This is why they should hire more creative people to think some up.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Not in the slightest.

Nostalgia.

Also, the fact that they probably designed all of the Pokémon during the same period, or at least had a fair amount of overlap defeats the idea that they could be running out of ideas.

I don't get why people seeing something they don't like = "OH MY GOD GAMEFREAK IS RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS POKEMON IS RUINED FOREVER."
    It's sad that this quote isn't even exaggerating. . .

I completely agree. It all comes down to how appealing a certain individual finds the design(s). As soon as you start seeing designs you don't like, you begin to think they're losing what made them special in the past. I guess it's only natural though.

There are some designs I'm not too crazy about, but in no way do I think GF is running out of ideas. Plus, all you need is one little spark of an idea to expand greatly on, and I think GF is full of these little sparks. ;)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I completely agree. It all comes down to how appealing a certain individual finds the design(s). As soon as you start seeing designs you don't like, you begin to think they're losing what made them special in the past. I guess it's only natural though.

There are some designs I'm not too crazy about, but in no way do I think GF is running out of ideas. Plus, all you need is one little spark of an idea to expand greatly on, and I think GF is full of these little sparks. ;)
    I agree completely as well.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I personally think people should get off Gamefreaks back. There evolving the game which is something everyone complained about them not doing before Black and White. Also you can't judge the new pokemon yet just by 20 something designs.. Give them time to grow on you, I personally think most of them look awesome, and this is coming from a kid who played Blue when it was first released.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I do. Kind of at least. A lot of the new generation 5 Pokemon remind me of Digimon which I hate with a passion. Let's hope all the new Pokemon are not like that.

Please, don't revive threads when they haven't got any posts for over a month D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back