• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think your wasting your life just by doing this?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yeah its a waste of time, but its time well spent.
    its just a hobby and personal taste, it doesn't matter if you waste time on it.
    besides, if you made the best fan-fic, why not make another fan-fic from the beginning?
    as long as you get everything else done and have nothing to do, it is time well wasted.

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
    "Time you enjoyed wasting is not time wasted"
    I feel that quote applies itself perfectly to the topic ^^

Absol Perfect Distaster

Lethal Razor Wind!
    Years
    As soon as you get your daily job done like work or school, then you can do whatever you want cause school and jobs is the life a person has. So playing pokemon games, chatting, writing fan fic, ect. during your free time is not wasting your life, especialy if you think it's fun doing it. Playing games actually makes you learn some strategy and important choices, like chess. And writing fan fiction helps you learn how to write by learning some grammer, it makes it better when you get critisized because you actually learned somthing that has to do with the english subject. Fan fic can help you learn how to write a book. Besides playing pokemon during your freetime is not as bad as playing Call of Duty 4 online 24/7 like some of my freinds do.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    This is how we enjoy peace.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Well, maybe all of you are right...
    But being responsible & logical & analyzing everything-to me, is the last thing in the world I need to do.
    This may sound odd because we spend so much of our lives in such a rush to grow up(Well, me actually...)
    I constantly ask myself how I can become successful in my adult career if I play Pokemon & don't throw myself into the pursuit early.
    I get it now.
    Being successful involves getting younger, shedding your pessimism we start to adopt with age, & thinking & dreaming just like a kid again.
    Pokemon does help you focus on things in the future..
    Driving your motivation...
    Don't you agree?

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    no, its not a waist of time. if you enjoy doing something you should do it... i mean, besides drugs ;) thats waisting a life

No78

Part Time Trainer
    Years
    It is a past time that makes people happy. As long as you don't expect it to actually be relevant to real life then you're not going to suffer.

It can't be wasting life because you enjoy it and we live for the things we enjoy and make us happy.

The only way it could waste your life would be if you didn't like it, or did it at the wrong time.

A moment enjoyed is not wasted.

This

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Life well spent! This whole franchise has brought me many years of fun and excitement, its made me feel happy for as long as I can remember. Its a big part of my life, and it is a genius masterpiece that shall never die away from a part of my life. Pokemon 4ever.

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    Playing video games are just fun. In terms of Pokemon, I don't play all that much anymore, but I can sometimes(stupid Diamond Elite 4.)

I have other stuff to do, mainly go to school, but video games are an outlet to me.

Kaiser Glider

Training in Dragon's Den
    Years
    It's not a waste of time if you enjoy it. :) I've been into these games since I was 9, and I'll still enjoy them when the final generation gets here. It's definitely a favorite pastime, to unwind after my college courses. I'd like to be a game designer one day, so it certainly helps to be familiar with what does and what doesn't make an enjoyable game.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    But, there is also a pertaining question to every real, opinionated answer:"Will I still continue this no matter what?"

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    But, there is also a pertaining question to every real, opinionated answer:"Will I still continue this no matter what?"

No, you won't most likely you'll eventually grow out of it, it can't entertain you and appeal to you forever. You have to get old, do real things with your life, go places. I'm still young, I enjoy my relaxing pokemon playing habits.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    But there is a time in our lives that we have to let all those childish things let go for the best of us.

Back