• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use cheats?

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I cheated a good bit in the first three generations, but I haven't since then. Unless you count RNG as cheating, that is, which I did admittedly use to obtain a few of my favorite shinies. Using AR makes everything fun for a while, but I get bored quickly. It takes the journey out and makes the destination, outcome, or product feel cheap... at least to me.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
  • I've never used cheats when it comes to the Pokemon series. In my opinion it takes a lot of the fun out of it.
    Same with me, doesn't seem fun now people use cheats, I've never used cheats, not for any series. It doesn't seem fun or fair. There's no challenge. And if you cheat it's like a waste of $40+ dollars so why cheat in the first place.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Well, if I have an AR with me...

I only use cheats after defeating the Elite Four for the first time. There might be times during the gameplay when I felt like finishing it up by the use of x rare candies and x TMs. However, I have to stop myself because it will get boring after a while. Still... it's fun after defeating the Elite Four where I can use as many cheats as I like.

I don't go overboard with it though. I'll probably use about two or three cheats to get an infinite amount of items, or if there's an item that is too hard for me to obtain (Lucky Egg). Using cheats to obtain Pokemons are frowned upon by me, but I won't stop anybody from doing it. I, myself, don't use cheats to get an army of level 100 Arceus.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • No, I have never used cheats. Ever.

I have a few cloned pokemon, if that counts, but I didn't clone them myself.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    Guilty as charged. I used my Action Replay on Pokemon Sapphire to get unlimited Master Balls, and transfered them to both Diamond and HeartGold.

Years
  • Nope. I hate cheats and try my hardest not to find out about them otherwise I have to resist using them which isnt easy lol I'm weak willed. I didnt even read most of this thread to ensure I didnt find out about any cheats lol!

o3o

Years
  • No, but I'm considering getting AR to check the IVs/EVs of Pokémon and to clone Pokémon and items. But, other than that, I wouldn't use cheats to level my Pokés to Lvl 100 or make all Pokémon shiny or whatever~ I prefer doing it the hard way and getting them yourself, fair and square.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I used to use Missingno and Gameshark a lot on my Red and Blue games which accounts for their recently dieing.

I do not play my remaining GBC games, Yellow and Crystal anymore nor do I have a gameshark anymore. One died and it's replacement went missing, accidentally tossed I presume. I also have used cheats on my GBA ROMs, Emerald and Leaf Green in particular.

I have been slightly considering getting an Action Replay on Amazon to be naughty on my Fire Red but I am still pondering it and would like to save up some money first.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This is Pokemon Gaming Central, for talking about Pokemon games. idk how you missed that, honestly. Regardless, moving this to Video Gaming, since you're asking about using cheats in more than just Pokemon. HI WILL!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Not pokemon, but using cheats in GTA: SA made the game 900000000 times better

Years
  • I have an Action Replay but it makes the game boring for me if I use it too much. I usually just use it to get money or items.

PokemonFan2000Man

Ex-Pokemon Dictionary
    Years
  • I used an AR. Everyone hates me for it. They don`t know that, at a daycare I once went to, about EVERY DS player had one. How can I tell? Their Pokemon are Lv100 and shiny. I see it on their DS. Once they had an all non-shiny, Level 100 all-Darkrai multibattle.

Latios360

The calm and quiet one
    Years
  • I use cheats only after I manage to beat the game, to avoid possible spoilers. Then I make a new data and experiment with codes. Besides that, games get boring after so many playthroughs, in my opinion.

Back