• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you value nicknames?

Years
    I only give nicknames to certain pokémon now, with a certain nickname in mind. For example I always nickname my Treecko "Gex".

When I was way younger I nicknamed all my pokémon on Silver after berries - blackberry, raspberry, blueberry etc. :P

Mute608

Stay Frosty
    Years
    I have to give my pokemon nicknames. What I nickname them just depends on my mood. Sometimes I give them really meaningful nicknames and sometimes I give them stupid ones just to bring some humor in the game :P

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    I always nickname Pokemon I catch in the wild. I don't have a specific naming theme. But usually, the nickanmes are quite weird. Pesi the Empoleon, Bomindacit and Rocknroll the Geodude are all mine.

Pokewalker Pokemon, I don't nickname them unless I know I'll use them in battle.

And if I ever get a male Piplup, it's called Pesi.

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
    Nicknames, eh? Well, it really depends on how I feel during the begining of my run-through of the game, and how long I've own the game myself.

Usually if I'm playing a brand new game, along with brand new Pokemon, I often don't nickname them, as I spend this time getting to leanr their names, strengths and weaknesses. However, after I've gotten used to anything new and important I might need, then I may begin to name them. However, if I've started a game without giving them names, then I wont start mid-game, but would have to restart in order for me to nickname them. I know it's strange, but that's just me!

I usually try to avoid cliche nicknames (Sparky the Pikachu, Night the Umbreon, etc.), and will often check the internet for names with meanings about the Pokemon in them rather than just the theme itself. For example, I did once own an Umbreon which I had nicknamed Callisto, which is one of Jupiters moons.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2014
    All my pokemon have nicknames that are satirical in nature; they're engineered to make fun of the pokemon. For example, I named my Crobat (which you know, has very high speed) FastBat. Others are funnier and more... inappropriate.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I don't nickname them, it just feels wrong to me somehow. I'm gonna try and nickname for my first challenge :3

I do have a Flaaffy called "WooWoo" in my Diamond game because my boyfriend traded me it from SoulSilver and that's his nickname :D

Back