• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want new types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rennir

Dragon Friend
Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I think that a Light type would be cool :) Weren't there rumors before B/W came out that they were going to add a Light type?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Light type just don't cut it. Why would we need a new type while Poison only have advantage against grass and Electric only weak to ground? They should balance it first before adding more new type. Type like grass, have too many weaknesses (its even making Celebi and Exeggcutor have 7 weaknesses) and advantage against type like rock, ground which water type also have the same advantage against them in term of offense, which make many people choose water type over grass type. Poison type should have advantage against water type and electric to make poison type to have more use other than spamming Toxic to enemy team.

I don't think Light type is necessary. This is ain't a fantasy world where Light and Darkness always fought each other for world domination.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    But you can't have shadows without light...

That is true, but dark doesn't mean shadow. Many moves that come up with shadow in their names are ghost type. They create dark type to balance the psychic and fighting. Before dak type came, fight is pretty much useless while psychic is really strong. I don't think dark type here in pokemon world have the same meaning as any other dark that we usually know. Maybe gamefreak just got no better word for it so they choose dark. There is people that already mention that if light type is added, we will got the usual story of light vs dark.

They can light type if they want, it is their game after all but at least gamefreak, would mind to balance some of the old types first before adding a new one?
    thank you.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I wanted a Light type, to balance it with Dark. Light and Dark are opposites, that sort of thing.

I think that a Light type would be cool :) Weren't there rumors before B/W came out that they were going to add a Light type?

I hate the fact that people are gonna shout "ZOMG LIGHT TYPE PLOX!!!1111" despite the fact that it's been mentioned that the dark type is known as the "evil" type in Japan.

Nilz

renegade of funk.
    Years
  • I don't really think there will be new types but I wouldn't mind if there were. A lot of people have said there should be a light type to counter dark but psychic already seemed to balance dark to me. The only new type I can think of would be Dinosaur or Fossil or something, it would be similar to dragon and replace all the rock types on fossil pokemon.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • They should be a new type like light and other things but then it will copy digimon with the types but I think They can but they can't make it the same as digimon otherwise they will be in trouble.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • I don't want new types, the addition of steel and dark were nice and I think Pokemon has a good balance of types now.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    They should be a new type like light and other things.

...It's been mentioned several times that the dark type is known as the "evil" type in Japan.
    This essentially means that we don't have a need for the "light" type.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • well i think that getting new types would be ruining the origin and foundation of pokemon, but it did come as a very nice surprise in gen 2 , so i am with it 100%

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • We don't need new types. Dark and Steel were created in G/S/C to balance out Psychic. The type chart is currently fine as is; I don't see a reason why new types would be created.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I would never ask for more types, not at all. There are a total of 649 species of Pokemon and a new type would imbalance the Pokemon types.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Uh no, I don't think new types are a good idea. I'm happy with all of the types that we already have. There's no need for any more types.. it'll just.. ruin stuff. :/

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm not disappointed or anything, but it would be cool either way.

I guess if they did introduce a new type, they should at least keep it creative, nothing like "Light" type.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Interesting enough, there's a new types thread over at PGC; soooo there isn't a compelling need to have this thread open.

*locks*

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back