• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Does Any One Miss Pokemon Yellow

Guest123_x1

Pokémon Yellow was my first Pokémon game I ever had. I always thought it was fascinating that the storyline in that game was similar to Ash's journey in the anime. Later I got Pokémon Blue, and had been playing that more than I did Yellow.
    Just thinking about Pokémon Yellow brings back memories!
    I'm surprised they didn't remake it (or Crystal) in Generation III (nor Crystal for Generation IV).

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • It was one of the best games Nintendo has came out with. I loved that game so much, I'd even fall asleep playing it! My parents took pictures of me when I was real little, falling asleep to playing my pikachu gameboy color :D It was hilarious! One thing though, I never figured out what the icons meant when you talked to pikachu. One of the icons was like a pan thing and it looked like pikachu was under the pan thing. I was like WTF o.o. Apparently money was too easy to get though in the game. I bought 200 (exactly) pokeballs. I do not remember why though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I personally don't miss it, to be honest. If I feel like playing it again, I'll just pull out my trusty Emulator, pop in the ROM, and play it right from my computer. In terms of playing it on the Game Boy console myself, well, I do. It's the good ol' days.

Cerious

Anti-Lawnmower Advocate
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2011
    I thought it was awesome how Pikachu followed you around, but it was a carbon copy of R/B so it didn't bring much else to the table.

yeah, Pikachu following was neat... but NO MISSING NO.! I believe that is the reason I hated yellow unequivocally. Just couldn't get past it.:bandit:

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
    Years
  • Actually I like to play Yellow when doing mah' challenges cuz of easy levelling but I prefer GSC better.HAve no problems with Yellow tho

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
  • OMG YES >___< Yellow was my all time favorite game. If they did like a super remake of yellow where you could visit another continent I would sell my soul to get it O_o

smithtism

Blank
    Years
  • Pokemon Yellow is my all-time favorite game of the series. It's such a classic! Pikachu would follow you wherever you go and make so many different expressions (especially fun to give him vitamins) and you can get all of the starters (even though you have to work for them first).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I still have the game both in ROM form and actual game form. I probably play the game once a month but I do not miss it because I do not like the fact that Pikachu follows me.

:t354:TG

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • No way, no way.

Having to start your game with the worst Pokemon in existence was horrid. The stupid thing kept fainting because it couldn't defend itself, and too many times it didn't have enough power to KO Pokemon that other, better Electric types would have easily defeated.

It was Yellow that taught me exactly how useless Pikachu really is in the games.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2017
    I don't miss it, only because I still have the cartridge with me.

Some things I like about it are that it has better Pokemon designs (even though I like the ugly-cool designs of the older games), and all three starters can be obtained. I also like how the gym battles were redesigned to reflect the show more, creating challenges like the level 30 Raichu of Lt. Surge, or the level 50 Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam of Sabrina.

On the other hand, the only good Pikachu was for was raising enough happiness to obtain Bulbasaur. Otherwise, I usually just stick him in the PC, as he's a waste of space on my team. If I wanted an electric type, I can always use Jolteon, Magneton, or even Electrode (sadly, Electabuzz is only available in Red) instead of the rat Game Freak wants me to use.

I remember playing with this version last time in high school, when I had a team made up of Flareon, Nidoking, and a few others I forgot. I went up all the way to encountering Moltres, when Gaming OCD struck and I was tempted to repeat or quit. Sadly, I can't remember any other times before that, but that was definitely a memorable experience.

GXS

<---Following Red ;P
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    I never really played pokemon yellow much, i owned it, just never really played past 1st gym

Years
  • Pokemon Yellow was and still is my favorite pokemon game to this day. I haven't played it ages...I still remember having my beast of Pikachu. I wanted it to be strong like Ash's Pikachu and it became stronger. I actually defeated Brock using only my pikachu. It wasn't really all that difficult. I loved how you could get all the starters also. I remember having Pikachu, Charizard, Venasaur, Blastoise, Snorlax, and Eevee. I didn't really like the Eeveevolutions much so I kept the Eevee.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    They removed the cinnir-bar island glitch in this game, I can still get missingno by other means through :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2011
    NOPE!

I don't miss it one bit! Because I still have mine! Haha! But that game is still amazing to play. I feel like no matter how many times I play it I can still find new things to do. The twist in plots were AMAZING. Those were the days :'D

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Pokemon Yellow was cool to me back when I liked the anime.

Now to me it's just R/B with the ability to own all three starters. That in itself was neat, but I seriously don't understand what the renewed obsession with this game is. And I have no idea why people are asking for a remake when FR/LG were remade 7 years ago and it's obvious that they aren't remaking the third editions.

Back