• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anybody still watch Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2007
    Early episodes rocked...new ones are kinda about Team Rocket and their loss in every episode.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • After awhile it just got a little babyish for me. I liked it until I was 11 or so then it just got getting stupid with its theme being about love and friendship...

Well, this IS a live subforum for the show, so...considering the response the Episode Discussion threads get (and the massive hulabaloo over the new VAs a while back), I'd have to say YES, quite a few people still watch the show.

Um, why would all these people be posting if they didn't watch the show? Dur hur hur... Yeah. I watch it. I'm a big fan, I don't particularly think it's babyish at all. Maybe Team Rocket at times, but they're supposed to be.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Seeing as how it is on at the same time that I am in either work or school, or rushing off to one of the two activities, I can safely say that I don't watch the show anymore. I really don't feel like I am missing much. I mean, really. Each episode, aside from a few rare but priceless rarities, follow the same formula for a plot. It gets predicatable.

The games and toys are all that I focus on now for Pokemon. Mostly the plushies. :3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I have promised myself I will not watch the English version until the old VAs return.

That may be never, but a promise is a promise.

I almost did that myself... but I still watch the new ones... even though the voices make my ears bleed... >>;

But they're getting better over time... No match for the old voices, but ah well..

//Bey

Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I don't really watch it anymore. I watched the first generation everytime it came on, then a bit of the second, and now I'm completely lost. I don't like the new episodes OR the new pokemon. It's so confusing for me haha. I sometimes watch the new episodes if I find it while I'm channel surfing.

I do watch the movies though. But again, not the newer ones haha.

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
  • I don't watch pkmn anymore. I watched the first season (it's Kanto right?), Orange Lauge, Johto Leauge (almost whole) and a bit of Master Quest. Then I stopped. It just seezed to interest me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2007
    Not the show. Not anymore anyway. I do on occassion. But I make it a point to watch the movies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    No. That is why there is an anime section XD

Yeah, I still watch the anime and I can't wait for the D/P series and to see the new opening

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • yep yep, used to watch all teh new epis on sat. mornings. In battle frontier, ash's voice sounds really weird, i prefer his old one.........

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • I havn't really been keeping up since Hoenn ended. Battle Frontier didn't really appeal to me at all. I'll admit that I'm kind of growing out of the show, but the Sinnou saga looks interesting. I'll watch the first few episodes to see what its like and take it from there.

Back