• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does Anyone else get teased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Yes, I get teased, but you know what?

One, I hate my class. They're a bunch of words I'd get banned for saying.

And two, it just shows how idiotic they are. Make fun of the girl who has more brains than you. Great move.

Led Zeppelin Pwn

Led Zeppelin is teh greatest
    Years
  • I personally hate watching pokemon when Im at home,
    well, when people are around.
    Now, my friends dont care that I play Pokemon.
    Because, my friends play Pokemon themselves.
    Now at school, I doubt anyone knows.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • At my high school I would have if I hadn't kept it a secret. But when I went to college another friend accidentally let it slip he liked it and soon everyone else started admitting they liked it as well! By the end of the school year I was hosting a mini-tournament in my dorm. One of my friends started to make fun of it until all of us pointed out the benefits of the games (I'm the only Anime/Manga guy in our group). Since then I haven't cared if people know!

SpartanPatriot

It was fun....goodbye.
    Years
  • Nope.

I am active in sports, and other social things so even if people saw me playing pokemon I would not be made fun of. I honestly do not let people even know I play Pokemon to be honest. It is a little embarrassing. lol. This is like a skeleton in my closet.

One time in football someone saw me playing it and they asked why and I told them it was an hilarious hack (luckily it was chaos black! lol).

Anyways, I play pokemon games on my ipod touch.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • Ignore them, if it's what you have fun doing then nobody should be allowed to criticise you for it. I got caught on PC a few years ago and was supremely bullied for it for about a year. Notable quotes were:

• Hey Jack, going on POKEMON again?
    • Want to trade Pokémon? I'll give you x for x *Manic laughter*
    • So how's Pikachu these days?
    • What you playing? Is it Pokémon?

I, for one, criticised them for having an interest in Football...

Needless to say I was laughed out of the room.

SpartanPatriot

It was fun....goodbye.
    Years
    • Want to trade Pokémon? I'll give you x for x *Manic laughter*

That is the one line that annoys the crap out of me. Seriously. It really, really annoys me. My younger brother did it to me before and I pounded him lol.

I hate it when sometimes people purposefully mispronounce the name like they say "Wat ya doinz dude? Playing yo pokeman with pikajew?"

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I've kept it a secret, although I haven't really done anything Pokemon related besides getting on here...

( I haven't even touched my Pokemon Diamond in months... )

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
    Years
  • I'm 24 years old right now, I'v been playing Pokemon ever sence Red and Blue came out. I still play them, and the only versions I dont have is my old red(which is gone) and my old silver, but I still have EVERY other version.

I'm the Grocery Manager at my local grocery store, and I sit in the back break room playing my DS/GBA playing Pokemon all the time, and when people ask what I'm playing, I tell them 'Pokemon' and I keep playing. I don't think I'v ever been made fun of because of pokemon... Other reasons maybe! :P But not pokemon.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
  • Ehehe... I know a few people who pick on me and my friends who like POKeMON, but it doesn't really faze me. One funny story in particular... a friend of mine, borderline retarded with ignorance, dogged on my saying POKeMON was for six year olds and that I should be playing Halo. I commented on how a majority of Halo players are twelve... so he challenged me to a Halo match. I said that it really would not solve anything and that it made no sense to solve an argument about the quality of a game with who was better in the game. He didn't care and I replied with "You don't see me challenging you to a POKeMON match...". He responded saying that I should. He wanted to be beaten... he also said.

It was an odd encounter, but amusing none-the-less.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Uh, no. There are plenty of fans around my school.
    If they tease you, tell them to grow up themselves. It's just a thing you do. It doesn't change who you are.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'll comment more here later, but I think we should just whip out our ubers and trump cards, and Hyper-Beam/Giga Impact the teasers to a pulp. And then get Luvdisc to Water Gun 'em to show 'em how they were shamefully beaten... :\

Anyway, yeah, I've had frequent experiences where teasing is annoyingly prevalent >:( ...in my mind, I just say they can't badmouth Pokemon (the franchise and the monsters themselves) until they are more successful than Pokemon. Which is gonna take a LONG time! :D :D :D

superaipom

They do exist...
    Years
  • No, but only because no one knows. If they did I would be getting a lot of crap about it. I hear everyone making fun of it in my section (in band) but it's no big deal. A few people have used cards as field markers and we're making Pokemon posters for some competitions, but it's all in good fun. If I keep my mouth shut I should be fine :D.
    Someone knows Ben, someone knows. lol. yeah its pretty much the same situation as me. i dont really see the point in sharing if they dont ask. its not their business and plus, why should it matter? i dont necessary think you should scream it from the mountaintops as some people have been saying (just to save yourself some embarrassment) but you shouldnt be ashamed of yourself or count yourself out because of it either.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Well umm... I don't tell anybody, I keep it a huge secret, but yes, if I told them I probably would for a while...

Years
  • The funny thing is that at my school, most people do play pokemon but theyre to afraid to tell anyone. People get caught with D/P in their bookbags all the time, even popular jocks. Pokemon could be big again if people werent so damn afraid. But I cant talk, I would die if anyone knew of my obsession = ]

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • No, I've never been teased because I have friends who like Pokemon
    And my friends who don't like Pokemon don't care whether I like Pokemon or not, they just don't really follow me when I get talking about Pokemon, in fact, most of the people in my school are like that, polite about it if you like Pokemon but they honestly don't give a crap.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Back when I freely admited my liking to Pokemon, several of my classmates made fun of me becuase they deemed it "for little kids only". Of course, I hide that secret to people I've never met and only tell them about it if they like pokemon or if I trust them. As for those that made me fun of me, well apparently they didn't find it fun anymore so they quit.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • The last post in this thread was September 3rd, that's well over the one month limit for reviving threads ~_~

-Closed-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back