• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone else know you can do this?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Its true that you can Voice Chat with other people on DS even if they were far away from you , but you wont hear it so clearly like you do in the phone so yeah .....

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2009
    It's old ..

You can talk by the Ds microphone ..

I know that's scary for who don't know anthing about the Microphone ..

You can disable it by pressing X or Y ..

Hope I helped since there is 25 reply saying that ^^ ..

Cerese912

I heart pokemon :)
    Years
    I knew about it but i was so surprised the first time i heard it in action. i heard a full blown argument between the kid and his parents. I felt so embrrassed i overheard it but i didnt tell him about it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Lol, I found out when I was trading my friend.
    She was saying something to her little brother while I was trading her.
    I was thinking to myself "Am I hearing things?"
    Eventually I found out it was only voice chat.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    press X to turn off I knew this ever scince diamond and pearl came out

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Since I've read some information about the Wi-fi Features in D/P/Pt, I've known that you can use the microphone in your DS to talk to your friends from all over the world in the Wi-fi Room while trading, battling and even in the Menu part where you can see all your friends who are on Wi-fi. It is a nice feature, but I've never used it with a friend as I'm pretty shy when it comes to that. Though I don't dislike it, and I think it's an amazing feature where you can chat over with a friend of yours and have fun battling or trading.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    yeah you can do that. you should have replied to him!!!!

Back