• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone still actively play?

Years
  • I got a Gold version from my little brother and repaired the save-game battery. I still play, along with some friends for whom I fixed the battery also.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Yea I still play actively. My dad repaired my save- game battery when I bought Crystal two summers ago.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Yeah, started a new game on my gold so I could raise the 'Ultimate team.' And because I haven't played Gen II from start to finish in so long

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    My mom bought Yellow and Gold from eBay for me a few months ago...Yellow still worked, but Gold was dead. I need to fix it and my Silver version. My Crystal version's clock is messed up, but it still works....I was playing it yesterday, along with Yellow and Blue. I like the newer games, but playing the original games from time-to-time brings back so many memories...=D

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    My Red, Blue, Yellow, and Crystal versions all currently work fine, and I just started my Red version over, so to answer the original question, yes, I actively play Red version ^^.

~MasterMind~

⌊C u r i o s i t y ♫ ♥⌉
    Years
  • I have all the pokemon games currently....including platinum Japanese version....yes iam a pokenerd and i new game them when i get bored so yes i do

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Yup, currently replaying Crystal. Just beat Whitney, first time I beat her on a first try. (stupid Rollout)

And I would play Blue, but yeeeeeah not gonna happen. (See: An older post of mine)

~F e n i x ♠

Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
  • I have crystal but haven't touched in about a year, maybe ill power through it again one of these days..... as people say it brings back SOOOOO many memories :)

Years
  • I just recently played through my red version. Caught all 151 pokemon, too.

I also recently played through Gold, and most of Crystal. I have all 16 badges in Crystal, just didn't feel like taking the time to level up to fight Red since I got Emerald and was anxious to play it.

The Red Chain

I have Blue, and Silver out of the old games..
    I used to have Yellow but gave it to my Pikachu loving friend. :'3
    Sadly, I can not play my Silver or Blue because that same friend has my Game Boy Advance.. x-x
    Pity that the Nintendo DS can't play Game Boy Color games. D:
    I'll get it back sometime~

Years
  • I play R/B/Y more often than any other games! I also play Crystal a lot, and hoping to get Gold or Silver from Amazon when I get the time. I prefer to play the old games than the new ones, but there's no-one near me who does. :( So I play the new ones for the connectivity.

I hate being the only Pokéfan here...

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    So the battery dies without use?
    I wonder if my Silver Gold need replacing

Back