• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does this sound like an interesting idea for a hack of Leaf Green?

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2016
    The game takes place in Kanto, 10 years after the events of Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow x3 Red has descended from Mt. Silver and has given new life to Giovanni's Team Rocket!! Blue is the Elite Four Champion with some new tricks up his sleeve. People like Daisy and Mr. Fuji run Gyms. I might make Yellow be the new Professor o3o. I have a lot of ideas for starters. It could be a fancy type triangle such as Fighting > Flying > Rock, a Safari Zone style thing or even something wacky like Ho-Oh and Lugia o3o! (That would work because they're extremely weak offensively early on). This is my first hack so be nice >.<

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    This is a nice idea, but there are a lot of Kanto-based hacks around these days, so if you want your hack to stand out you should make more changes, maybe new towns, different areas, etc.
    And please don't have legendaries as starters, that's always a bad idea.

I agree with The_learner, Fire Red is pretty much the same as Leaf Green except it's more commonly hacked, so you'll get much more documentation and help if you're hacking Fire Red.

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2018
    Whatever pokemon you make the starter will need stat tweeks to make them stronger, not base stats, more like the EV training stats and experience proportions. My vote for starters are Electabuzz, Magmar, and Hitmonlee. I know they don't morph in leafgreen but they are just awesome

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    It could be, but it depends on the execution. Theyre right that using FR is more popular.

The new Team Rocket thng is always possible. Maybe a new champion, instead of the LG default? Daisy isn't usually a trainer, but Ok.

Good luck!

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Erm, it's not that FireRed is more popular, it's that it's got more code for it and better documentation out there and /that/ is why it seems so much more popular, because people are correctly lazy on this issue. A newbie shouldn't be reinventing the wheel, you'll just discourage them from hacking. There is just so much good stuff for FireRed, like JPAN hack and most patches that add on more pokemon! If you really want to, you could switch titlescreens with LeafGreen, and just change some pokemon available, and then it'd basically be LeafGreen but with better documentation.

I personally think it would be hilarious if you made legendaries starters. But if you do that, you should give them a 'baby' form, like Baby Lugia in the anime, and have them evolve from that. That would be really unique and amazingly cute.

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
    Years
  • Erm, it's not that FireRed is more popular, it's that it's got more code for it and better documentation out there and /that/ is why it seems so much more popular, because people are correctly lazy on this issue. A newbie shouldn't be reinventing the wheel, you'll just discourage them from hacking. There is just so much good stuff for FireRed, like JPAN hack and most patches that add on more pokemon! If you really want to, you could switch titlescreens with LeafGreen, and just change some pokemon available, and then it'd basically be LeafGreen but with better documentation.

I personally think it would be hilarious if you made legendaries starters. But if you do that, you should give them a 'baby' form, like Baby Lugia in the anime, and have them evolve from that. That would be really unique and amazingly cute.

There really is no reason to hack LG, as longlostsoldier already said, but I disagree with the legendary starters thing, it undermines their roles in the lore of Pokemon and degrades them into...just starters, and not these legendary and mysterious beasts.

Back