• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dollar Tree Packs?

RocketGrunt1337

RocketGrunt1337
Years
  • I apologize if there is another post about this somewhere. I searched a bit but couldn't find anything. I was wondering if anyone has bought these and had luck. I bought 6 packs one day on a whim, and pulled a Volcanion EX is one of my Steam Siege dollar packs, easily making my money back. I've read the odds are technically in your favor as you buy more and more, just wanted to see if anybody in this community has had success.

Years
  • I apologize if there is another post about this somewhere. I searched a bit but couldn't find anything. I was wondering if anyone has bought these and had luck. I bought 6 packs one day on a whim, and pulled a Volcanion EX is one of my Steam Siege dollar packs, easily making my money back. I've read the odds are technically in your favor as you buy more and more, just wanted to see if anybody in this community has had success.

I actually don't have any Dollar Tree stores anywhere near me, so I can't offer up and success and failure stories or even confirm that they actually exist. How many cards are in each pack? I'm curious if the trip to the nearest one is even worth it.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I think there's three in a pack, I've seen them on a few youtube channels/forums before

RocketGrunt1337

RocketGrunt1337
    Years
  • I actually don't have any Dollar Tree stores anywhere near me, so I can't offer up and success and failure stories or even confirm that they actually exist. How many cards are in each pack? I'm curious if the trip to the nearest one is even worth it.

3 cards in a pack, not even guaranteed a rare it's the luck of the draw. Youtube has people doing mass openings of them. Some people go as far as taking a scale and weighing them in store as the heavier ones always guarantee a reverse foil, ex, or break. For only a buck you get 3 cards. seeing as a pack is 4.19 before tax in the states for only 10 cards, you buy 4 packs and get 12 cards for only 4 bucks before tax. Better deal money wise, but once again not guaranteed a rare. Out of the 6 packs I opened. I got one EX, and a reverse foil common drowzee. No other foils or rares in the other 4 packs. It's a risk but can be rewarding.

Years
  • 3 cards in a pack, not even guaranteed a rare it's the luck of the draw. Youtube has people doing mass openings of them. Some people go as far as taking a scale and weighing them in store as the heavier ones always guarantee a reverse foil, ex, or break. For only a buck you get 3 cards. seeing as a pack is 4.19 before tax in the states for only 10 cards, you buy 4 packs and get 12 cards for only 4 bucks before tax. Better deal money wise, but once again not guaranteed a rare. Out of the 6 packs I opened. I got one EX, and a reverse foil common drowzee. No other foils or rares in the other 4 packs. It's a risk but can be rewarding.

Which means it's probably not worth the drive for me as the nearest Dollar Tree is almost as far as driving to the nearest local game store, and is in the opposite direction.

I'd have to imagine that you'd eventually pull a rare buying a bunch of them. Has every pack you opened had an uncommon as well, or no? Because the 10 card packs also guarantee 3 uncommons and a reverse holo.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    So I just did a 120 Dollar Tree 3 card pack opening. I'll post the video up on here when I release it. It was honestly pretty good. They are very hard to find since they're only $1, they sell very fast. I've got 8 Dollar Tree Stores around me and only 1 had them. I literally called every one, and the last store I called said they just put them out. So, I told the nice lady to put them all on the side, I'll be there in 5 minutes. She thought I was joking, until I showed up and asked for it. I lucky got every pack they had for my massive opening. It was 2 full boxes. I was hoping they would have been FlashFire or Roaring Skies, but they ended up being Furious Fist.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
    Years
  • Personally I've found that it's better just to buy the real packs being as the pull rates seem to be a rare in every 7 packs or so. And to answer your question Donavannj there is a uncommon in every pack, so you're guaranteed two commons and one uncommon in every pack. But personally I wouldn't recommend these sense I've gotten about 30 packs and pulled only three rares, two reverse holos and a holo.

Years

When you say "easily making your money back" do you sell the cards? If you do how fast do those ex cards sell for and how much? or are you just banking on it becoming valuable with time?
    Thanks - Mark

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    The best card I pulled out of them was a Shaymin Ex, I also pulled the gold M Charizard X from Flashfire as well as the red secret rare Mewtwo from Breakthrough and other full arts including M Gardevoir from Primal Clash and Xerosic from Phantom Forces.

Dollar Tree here released Phantom Forces first, then Primal Clash, Roaring Skies, then XY/Flashfire/Furious Fists, then Ancient Origins and so on.

I'd say they are very good if you are looking for reverses or trainers.

Usually when I open them I check to see how many regular packs I can complete, ie. in 4 packs you should get 1 rare, 1 reverse, 4 uncommons and 6 commons. Typically in a box its better to buy multiple packs that are together as the 1 in 3 ratios don't apply, holos typically are close to other others and the same for reverses and rares.

that_one_venusaur

that_one_venusaur
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    I've been to the dollar tree in my neighborhood and have never seen them. Are they usually in the front? With the toys? I'd like to get these packs because it would just be fun to open them.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    One dollar tree has a freestanding 4 sided shelving unit that contains all of the trading cards in the front of the store. Another one has them in 2 places. A freestanding 4 sided shelving unit in front of the registers and in the coloring books section.

Years
  • Dollar tree packs are hard to come by but when i find them i legit will buy them all out. It is a lil more cost effective to buy a full booster but you get stuck with alot of commons and uncommons so the fact that you only get 3 cards per pack is good. The pull rates tend to be just like a booster box on average well for me that is. If you check my Youtube channel i do a bunch of dollar tree packs so you could see for yourself

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2017
    I've watched several youtube videos on people pulling ex's but they usually open several packs. I'm going to my local dollar tree today because they said they should have some when I went in last. I've been to all my dollar trees multiple times and they're always out was a day late last time I went in. The store employee told me they get stolen more than any other type of card pack so they've gone as far as putting them by the registers. One person asked for ten packs from the clerk, continued to walk around the store and left with the cards without paying. Pretty crazy.
    Fingers crossed I can get some today so I can make a new video for my channel :D

Edit: found a new box at my local dollar tree bought 30 of the primal clash packs and opened 5 so far. Here's what I pulled (confirming 3 per pack unc/rare/ex is in the middle)
    Breloom rare rev holo 16/160
    Excadrill rare Rev holo 97/160
    Exp. Share unc rev holo 128/160
    Gardevoir EX Rare 105/160

I'm sure that's an extremely uncommon pull rate for these packs but it blew my mind. I can't wait to get into the others for my channel.

Last edited:
    Back