• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2013
    No not to this forum, but I haven't played Pokemon since Gen II (My last Pokemon game was Crystal).

I think I was in 5th grade at the time. Pokemon has largely gone ignored in my mind, as I had believed it faded from cultural relevance.

I got a little burned out because I was obsessed with the game before when I was a kid.

When the new Pokemon came out for the 3DS, I thought nothing of it.

Well, at my best friend's insistence, I picked up the game. Pokemon X. I'm not very far yet into the game, but I am impressed by how far Pokemon as a franchise has come.

My friend is a bit of a self declared "Greatest Pokemon Master of all time."

Anyway, to stay competitive to him, I thought it was a good idea to join a discussion forum, learn some things, and discuss strategies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Hello, FireSuperiorityComplex.

And I know you come with the right reason. Yep, Pokemon has grown into a full-fledged franchise that we currently know, that I'm glad I became one of the huge fan, and it's never too late if it comes to join in the forum and talk about anything that we like. I'm sure you can catch up and know why Pokemon is still the best franchise.

Welcome to PC, and I hope you feel like in home. :)

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
  • Welcome ^^

Well, Gen 2 is in my opinion still one of the best! Crystal has been my favourite pokemon game (spinoffs excluded) until I got Pokemon X. Good old times :')

if you want to discuss strategies for Pokemon X/Y with people, you should visit This Section. It's all related to pokemon X and Y and there are people hanging around there that have lots of experience with strategies and tactics for lots of things in the game.
    If you ever need help, just message me or ask around! There are lots of people here willing to help you out anytime so don't be shy :3

Years
  • Hi there, welcome to PC!

Nice to see you're getting back into Pokemon, X and Y has brought so many back into Pokemon lately and you definitely found a great time to join the forums as well. Windy and Alpha have shown you around the X/Y section where you can get all the help you need or discuss the new games. I have been into Pokemon for a long time now, around 14 years and still I have yet to play X/Y but I do hope so in the next month or so.

But yeah, I do hope you take time and explore the community because we are diverse and if you ever need help don't hesitate to ask questions. Do have fun here at PC and if you ever need a friend feel free to leave me a visitor message!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Hey there FireSuperiorityComplex!
    psst i copied your name because im lazy to type it out :p

Great of you to pick up a copy of Pokemon X, I haven't got mine >: I do plan to get it and the limited edition 3DS though :p The gameplay looks amazing, yes?

Anyway, mr.Alpha there has already pointed you out to the XY forum, but you may want to try the Battle Center forum regarding to this:
    Anyway, to stay competitive to him, I thought it was a good idea to join a discussion forum, learn some things, and discuss strategies.

It's a great place to start competitive battling if you have not and a great place to discuss it as well if you do play competitive! Also, you may want to try out our very own Pokemon Showdown server, lots of friendly and great people often hang out there :D

Hope you find PokeCommunity interesting c: Feel free to contact a moderator, super moderator, staff admin, or our very own admin, Rukario if you have any problems.

-[supporter]Mid[/supporter]

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    welcome to the forums! you've come to the right place man :)

you'll be on top shape in no time here and i tell you that you will enjoy pokemon more whenever you're around here cause there are lots of people who like and love pokemons here :)

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • You've been here for years yet this is your first post.
    Then I should say, welcome back to PC FORUMS! Yes, the very active forum. So no doubt that you'll receive what you want to know and what you want to discuss. Surely everyone will discuss with you. Have a good one! Still, abide the rules.

Years
  • Your friend seems cool. I declare myself a somewhat knowledgeable Pokemon fan but definitely not a "master" despite having been a fan since I was 8. There are always so many more new things to learn. Has your friend been playing for a long time, too?

But yes, welcome welcome to PokeCommunity, Fire! <3 X and Y are very beginner-friendly so it's great you picked them up. Can imagine how big of a jump it must be to play them after stopping around Crystal. Nowadays there's so much to do in Pokemon games that you'll likely find yourself with tens of hours before you even reach the next gym, haha. It took me around 20-30 to hit the second gym since I kept catching the many Pokemon available and messing around in Amie/Super Training.

Hope your stay has been fun so far.. have an awesome time, yes?

Back