• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Modz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v3.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Haha. xD

I think Derodero made me lose confidence in my tagging skills. ;; /fails terribly when she tries to put too much effort into her tags, but it looks like she's putting in too little? idk anymore.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I thought I did (or started to) until Derodero told me I need to put more effort into them. :(

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Good stuff takes effort.

See the backgrounds I make in my drawings? Virtually no effort. They're simplistic.
    Simplicity might work well with graphics, but at the end of the day it's just an excuse.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years

You're your own critic. Besides, not everything with little effort put into it turns out terrible! And then sometimes you may put in a lot of effort but it comes out terrible. Remember, it's harder to get a perfect 0 than a passing grade. ...That probably wasn't the best comparison, though.

/last minute going through the DW art for WTP; I'm really stumped on this, so watch it be one I looked at if I don't get it soon

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years

Personally, I wouldn't go by Dero's opinions all the time. Even though he is an amazing graphics artist, sometimes he overdoes some of his pieces. He's gotten better recently, though. /pffft I've said this before

And if you ask me "too little effort" would be finding a background from Google Images or something, sticking a C4d on it without making any layer adjustments, sticking the render on the top without making any adjustments, and maybe adding some brushes without making any layer adjustments. It is possible to make such a thing look good, though I'd imagine it would be kind of hard to do so.

Also, I don't mean to be an egotist, but people love my icons :P All I pretty much do with them is resize/crop them, duplicate them at least four times and set said duplicates to different layer modes, flatten the image, and up the saturation. Sometimes I'll remove/adjust text or stuff that looks weird, or I'll make an icon with a white background gray, but that stuff isn't hard to do either

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years

I'm a hypocrite by pointing out flaws in others' graphics when I know that quite a few of mine have said flaws.

Speaking of flawed graphics...

A third batch of 100 icons. Password is still "pikachu" and someone tell me how it took eleven chapters each for the first two sets of icons but four chapters for this set. /also my bishie has the most icons this time around, yay <3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I love how I got lectured on all this after I got off to go do some stuff. xD; /yeaaaah. waaaay too lazy to even bother replying to any of that, but yeah.

The fact that I can't seem to make anything right now stays, though. Could be lack of confidence or lack of creativity, whatever.

and people love my icons as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

I'm a hypocrite by pointing out flaws in others' graphics when I know that quite a few of mine have said flaws.
    I do that too, I critique anyone's graphics, despite barely making any myself. Although I don't necessarily have the talent to make good stuff, I know what looks good and what doesn't, same goes for photography, etc (which I do do but yeah I'm not some expert like Fabio lol). Really, it doesn't matter if you personally can't do that, but knowing you can help someone produce better work is a much better feeling, since in a way, your advice is helping. And with that I realise I'm not going to be perfect at anything or everything I do, but rather that I can utilise my own knowledge, and sometimes accept I'm not as bad as I think I am to help others.

For example, I know The Top Dog has a few flaws, but I ignore them personally 'cause I like using the style, and I don't know what others think about those, but I assume they're not judging me for that, because really, everything is all a learning experience. Nothing can be perfect, even the most perfect things have flaws, but as a whole we can all keep on improving until perfect really does have a meaning someday.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

What matters most is whether you like your designs or not. n_n If you like them, then others will like it. If you don't like it, then others won't either (or they'll say they like it to try to make you feel better, or whatever). It goes for everything really. Music, Graphics, Photography, Skins, etc etc.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Agreed with the first half, but the second, um, yeah, apparently for some reason people like UP, and I honestly don't know why, since I don't really like it. But yeah it's true, people are more likely to like things if you mention the positives rather than negatives. aka with my photography I obsessively show people the good stuff lool.

Oh yeah, and things I hate, I'm afraid of knowing what people think of it so I just sort of ignore that really. Self confidence in abilities is weird ya.

And funny too, I'm not really jealous of people's abilities at things I have no talent at. Like with graphics, I'm not jealous if people do really good things, same with drawing lol yet with photography I'm like "omg I wish I did that nooo" etc. Wait why am I opening up? I'm not even barely in this conversation. XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I guess I should have worded it differently. Everyone has their own opinion, so people can like things you aren't particularly proud of. But if you like it yourself, then more people are more inclined to agree than if you say that you absolutely hate something you made. But yes, Positive > Negative, always.

I try not to get jealous of things these days. Jealously ruins things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back