• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Modz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v3.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years

GUESS WHAT I JUST COPIED AND PASTED?
    [jq]Japanese Subtitled South Park is terrible. The whole thing is localized and uses Japanese honorifics even though it takes place in America. Mr. Hat? Try Hat-kun. Mr. Garrison? Try Garrison-sensei. Garrison-sensei is particularly bad because she's still called Garrison-sensei even after the gender change meaning the subtitles don't preserve the nuance. For some god forsaken reason, daddy and dad are subbed as papa. Instead of writing out the unique insults and cuss words in katakana and explaining them with notes, they try to equate them with Japanese cuss words and it fails miserably. Us glorious Americans have devised many an insult and yet all Japan can do is subtitle it as kuso. Rtard is subbed as one of the many words that's equivalent to idiot. That loses meaning because rtard is short for retard yet the subs don't note this. In fact, the only translation note I saw was in the Mysterio episode when Cartman calls himself the Coon. The translator put a note about how coon refers to a raccoon or a strange black person. If you can do this for one term, why can't you do this for all the others? Shouldn't there be a note about Human + Hunter combination not even being playable in "Make Love not Warcraft"? What is the rationale behind any of this? South Park is an American show. Equating and localizing things for the target audience? Who would even do that? Oh, and they subbed the op song too, but it was just a translation. There was no karaoke and no English lyrics, just the Japanese translation — what's the point? Hell, they didn't even sub any of Kenny's mumbling. This must be like the Japanese equivalent of 4kids. Sigh.[/jq]

Kevin still thinks Pixy should post in the Nightclub more.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Then you can always go and shoot the place like what Sarah did, if you wanted. :U

/anyways, is off. Tata. (b'')b

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

I should post here before I get off.

Damned vocab. is being a pain in the arse again. /once more, three words that mean the same thing but are different in terms of being adjectives, proper nouns, or nouns, not to mention have slightly different spellings

I'm in Honors Algebra II, and it's MUCH easier than this, which is NORMAL British Lit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back