• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee!" -_-

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    When I wake up in the morning, I find that I can't stand when someone says anything to me that requires me to talk. I don't like talking in the morning, I don't like being talked to in the morning and sometimes I'd prefer not to be looked at until I've fully woken up, which takes an hour or so, depending on how many hours I've slept.

So, when you wake up:
    1. Do you mind if people talk to you?
    2. Do you talk to other people willingly?
    3. Why? Or why not?
    4. What's your overall (and average) mood that you wake up to?

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Oh my gosh yes. This generally happens on a school morning as I have to wake up so darned early, but anyone [usually my father] who talks to me is in for a rude awakening. And if they intelligently decide not to talk to me, I'll just sit there quietly eating my cereal or walk around silently. But when I think about it as a whole, I don't really know why i act this way in the morning. It could either be the fact that it's 5:45 and I only got 5 hours of rest or that I just have that snappy side to me sometimes..

Years
    In the morning:

I don't really remember people talking to me. I'm sure I don't like it but I fall back asleep and wake up a few hours later, and apparently when I'm still half asleep I say all these things I don't remember saying.​

At the time yeah. But I forget.​

3. Why? Or why not?
    Because I'm tired.​

Being tired. Wanting to go back to sleep. Or "crap, crap, crap, I'm late for work. Wait, no I'm not".​

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    No.

Just as much so as during the rest of the day.

3. Why? Or why not?
    I don't act differently in regards to other people when I've just woken up, so with it being no different there isn't really a reason.

Whatever situation the time on the clock applies to. Say if it's 10AM and I had to be somewhere at 9 I come to the realisation that I am indeed late... maybe... after checking it a few more times. If it's like 5PM (on holidays/weekends) I start to wonder where my mother is... concernedly, since she'll come in and shout at me and stuff for being up all night.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Nah. I don't mind.

Not really.

3. Why? Or why not?

Because I'm half alseep and I'll say something really stupid.

Meh. Not energetic, but not angry either.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    There's nobody to talk to. I guess I wouldn't mind though.

Same as above. Unless one day my awful neighbours decide to say something to me, hopefully they won't.

3. Why? Or why not?

Because there's nobody here.

"I want to go to back to sleep."

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
    Well when I wake up I won't be able to understand anyone until I fully wake up so I don't mind cause I don't understand. ^_^
    I can't even say I word when I wake up.
    3. Why? Or why not?
    I have no clue. ^_^
    I'm usually in a bad mood in the morning but during the day I'm just fine.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    My parents respect my personal space when I first wake up in the morning (usually because it's around 11am and they're doing other things), but I had a big problem with people trying to talk to me when I was first awake when I lived in halls/in a rented house at uni. Usually if they tried to wake me up by banging on the door I'd just ignore them and stick my headphones on; if I'd forgotten to lock my door and they barged in then I'd just say as little as possible to get them to leave.

I am by no means a morning person (in fact, I'm more awake at night-time, and I'm going to actually look into night-shift jobs because I'd be so much better at them) and it takes me a good two-to-three hours to get going. I'm fortunate that I can commute in now; I leave home at 7am, arrive in Chelters at around 8.10am, and lectures start at 9am, so by then I'm fully awake and ready for a chat. :'D

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    For me it's "Don't talk to me until I've had time to put my makeup on"

I hate it. It's dark all night, then 6:30 in the morning, my mom turns on the lights and it's bright and hurts my eyes...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    You're fine with talking to me in the morning, as long as you're not dragging me out of bed or yelling at me to get up. That, or telling me to do anything that has to do with cleaning, putting away the dishes, or other such forth things until I'm fully awake. It just sets me in a bad mood.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Mornings are the lowest point of my day, I am a completely different person-- one filled with anger and possessing no coordination or depth perception. I stumble into doors and only grumble when people try to communicate with me.

So, when you wake up:
    1. Do you mind if people talk to you? yes
    2. Do you talk to other people willingly? no
    3. Why? Or why not? I hate everyone
    4. What's your overall (and average) mood that you wake up to? >:0

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Waking up in the morning is never usually a problem for me. I'm totally fine with people talking to me after I wake up, and I don't mind joining a conversation (I don't start start them during the morning). I guess the reason why I'm not too troubled by conversing after waking up is because I've always been getting up early in the morning to get ready for school and such. As for my mood I wake up to, it really depends on how I wake up and what might have happened the night before. Usually though, I'm in a mellow mood, not angry at anything and not overly excited for any reason.

I do always try and steal an extra few minutes before having to actually get off the bed though. Sleep is so enjoyable; it's just too bad I can never do it during the day. :|

Years
    So, when you wake up:
    1. Do you mind if people talk to you? Yes, I'm almost always still tired when I have to wake up, and talking gives me headache in that situation
    2. Do you talk to other people willingly? Only stuff like "Shut Up, let me sleep" Pretty sure that doesn't count.
    3. Why? Or why not? Pretty sure I already answered that in 1 and 2
    4. What's your overall (and average) mood that you wake up to? As you can probably guess from above, I am mostly in a bad mood. Except when I can sleep in of course.

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    So, when you wake up:
    1. Do you mind if people talk to you? Yes, I'm almost always still tired when I have to wake up, and talking gives me headache in that situation
    2. Do you talk to other people willingly? Only stuff like "Shut Up, let me sleep" Pretty sure that doesn't count.
    3. Why? Or why not? Pretty sure I already answered that in 1 and 2
    4. What's your overall (and average) mood that you wake up to? As you can probably guess from above, I am mostly in a bad mood. Except when I can sleep in of course.

are you worse on a monday? :D
    I better put this on topic!
    my sis talks non stop in hte morning and well from what I posted before ...
    Speech + me + mornings = bad

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Depends who they are.. I can't talk to annoying people in the morning. I find it harder to hold in the fact they annoy me.

Sure, sure. Just as long as it's not a long winded conversation.

3. Why? Or why not?
    Can't concentrate enough for one in the morning.

.. Can I sleep a little more, please? :3

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Well I guess so. As long as they're not too loud or anything. My mom can get pretty loud sometimes and it annoys me when I first get up
    I grunt a reply >:]
    3. Why? Or why not?
    My throat is scratchy.
    4. What's your overall (and average) mood that you wake up to
    Depends on how I went to bed the night before

Ayselipera

Yeah I'm not grouchy at all when I wake up in the morning.

Yes like I said, I'm perfectally fine when I wake up.

3. Why? Or why not?
    I don't know? I'm just awake in the morning. When I wake up from a nap though I'm quite the grouch.

Pretty normal and happy. I'm ready to face a new day... as stupid as that sounds.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Eh, not really, but don't go on about things I need to do and stuff like that cause I will bite your head off. XD;
    Not at all.
    3. Why? Or why not?
    I'm waking up and don't want to be bothered XD;
    4. What's your overall (and average) mood that you wake up to
    I'm usually pretty grouchy when I first get up. And not a good person to talk to. Give me about half an hour and I'm good to go. :3

Years
    In the morning, yes. I really don't like talking early when I just wake up ;_;

Yeah, but the convo doesn't last long.

3. Why? Or why not?
    Because it's early in the morning and I don't feel like talking xD

I usually wake up in a bad mood when I first wake up, on weekdays. On weekends im fine since I can sleep in xD

Back