• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't you trust me?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It usually depends on what mood I'm in, but nowadays, people seem to gain and lose my trust pretty easily, whether it be online or off. As for myself, that would rely on if you actually like me or not. If you do, you'd find me to be easy to count on. If not, then I suppose it could be difficult, haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    Of course I do. I just have never met you and don't know anything about your character or your intentions. Does trust matter if you aren't being too revealing of anything personal besides hobbies on a PC, I'd say why worry?

Years
    In general, I think I put too much trust forth into people that I'm not even closely acquainted with. Just my personality, I suppose, to trust everyone that interacts with me in what they're saying. In recent years, that's toned down a bit and I've become more reluctant to buy into what people tell me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2014
    I am pretty trusting of people. However I'll only give information like my real name or town until we're friends. I've given my phone number to close online friends too. Like real friends, I feel some information should be withheld or just not be important until the friendship progresses. Also, I have a pretty good sense about when people online should not be trusted.

Years
    I don't trust anyone, nor do I expect much out of anyone, until I really get to know them. I've had my trust broken on numerous occasions so I'm a bit more careful, but talk to me a few times and I'll likely open up a bit more. :>

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I can't say that I fully trust people online compared to real life. In real life, it's easy to tell if a person is trustworthy or not. Online, you don't have the ability to look at someone's face or hear their voice to tell if they're lying or not. I usually trust my friends although there have been some times where I'll get told completely different stories by friend a or b and that just makes me go "well either someone's lying/changing it to make themselves look better or you're both lying" I've also been told some things that just make me question if a person is telling the truth or not. :p

I'm trustworthy in a way. if you ask me to keep a secret, I don't tell. as for if I always tell the honest truth to somebody, then no. I lie to people if I think what I'm saying would offend/hurt them/doesn't seem right to say. I also cover up for others so I'm not really trustworthy in the sense of always being honest. yes I'll tell you the truth if I think it's right/for your own good but I'll usually lie anyway. it's much easier :v

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    I like to think I can extend some trust to people around here, since there's a bit of accountability to be had with the system for trading and reporting and stuff. :3 I'm pretty trustworthy myself too, perhaps just outside of relying on me to remember a date or someone's name or something. :P I suck at that. But if it's important, I write it down or put it in my phone or something; because I know I can't remember shhheeeeeeiiiiit.

Back