• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Double Region/One Game

Read 1st post

• Yes Explain____

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • No Explain_____

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Remember back in the good old days, with G/S when both Kanto and Johto was there TOGETHER!

Should they make a Sinnoh game with Hoenn or the others? or how bout another new ragion with sinnoh? What do you think?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah. We all want that but there is always the concern of space for it.

Years
    Yeah I want that, too. I thought it was awesome how you could go to Kanto and Johto. It made stuff a lot more exciting for me.

Years
    Uhm, no. Why? The only reason it was in G/S/C was because the game was completed too fast and they only put it there so you could challenge Red and the Kanto Champion Blue. After that, the game had nothing in it. Now with WiFi, you have competitive battling,or jst battling with friends casually. So now you just train Pokemon and use them. If you don't have WiFi, well there's always link battling with friends. Anyway, the bottom line is, the after-game is fairly packed and there's no need to extend the sotryline when you have something called Pal-Park there for getting pokemon you wouldn't normally be able to get in-game. So no, they don't need to waste time making it.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I would like it but the games would have to have massively large amounts of space. They fixed that though, with PalPark etc..

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Pretty much EVERYONE wants that xD
    Uh, no...

A region for the sake of a region is pointless. I'd rather them develop one instead of putting two gigantic regions together with little opportunity to link them story-wise...Hoenn and Sinnoh have virtually no ties, if any.
    If they somehow had a grandiose plot that intertwined the two regions, then sure, I'm for it. But it'll never be the case...

What's the point of leaving a region to go become Champion in another one? It doesn't follow...since Kanto and Johto share an E4, I can see the ties (geographic and stuctural) between them. It does make sense.

Years
    Also continuing on Agent Zero's point of the geographic ties, it's true. According to Pokemon World maps, Kanto and Johto are linked, whereas Hoenn and Sinnoh are two islands who are as far away from each other as Australia is from America. Ypu can't really link them, and there's nothing to suggest that they may be linked together with another new region.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    What they really MUST do is to come up with another ideas for the next generation. Seriously . They've milked the 8-gyms-one-E4 formula enough .

Off the top of my head, maybe something innovative like choosing which trainer/rival/gym battling or not and that would change the rest of the storyline. Adding a system of points instead of badges that will give you access to the E4 so you can, say, beat a very tough hermit instead of your casual lame bug-type gym leader...

There's so many possibilities , I think change is very much needed because another generation with the exact same story but just different critters won't do .

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I like the Idea of Some of the Hack Roms by making more then one rival, and reoccurring characters.
    I think they should take the battle frontier system and make the Pokemon league like that, that way you'd be up against a random opponent generated by the game instead of a trainer you can by a walkthrough for a see the pokemon he or her uses.

I think the elite four should be shattered somewhere in the game, and after you beat one they give you clues about the next.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Uhm, no. Why? The only reason it was in G/S/C was because the game was completed too fast and they only put it there so you could challenge Red and the Kanto Champion Blue. After that, the game had nothing in it. Now with WiFi, you have competitive battling,or jst battling with friends casually. So now you just train Pokemon and use them. If you don't have WiFi, well there's always link battling with friends. Anyway, the bottom line is, the after-game is fairly packed and there's no need to extend the sotryline when you have something called Pal-Park there for getting pokemon you wouldn't normally be able to get in-game. So no, they don't need to waste time making it.

I can understand your reasoning, but what most people expect when these sort of questions are asked is not how much more pokemon you can capture, but how much more you can actually do in the game. Challenging more gyms would be a fun experience, especially if it was another region where it was actually hard. Gold/Silver screwed us over by making Kanto trainers and gym leaders oo easy and low leveled, despite the fact we beat the elite four. Mainly, I would like to see a challenge in battling, and while capturing more pokemon is nice, that would neccesarily be my main concern.

Wii I'm afraid to admit is too boring for me. Who remembers the old pokemon stadium game on nintendo? You could choose from the pokemon and make your own team and battle the computer. The mini games were the best! Being a Scyther and cutting wood or a Furret with the balls and stuff. Awe, those were the days. And if you hooked up your game you could actually play the game on the nintendo screen. That was some hardcore technology back then.

I would certainly like to see more added to Wii, and most definitely the new game, if they make a new game (not Platinum).

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I agree with that, PBR totally s*cks when compared to Stadium...

Better graphics was already a given, since it's the Wii system, Online battling sure is good but also implied since the DS games could do it to begin with, so it's fair to say they really messed it up.
    If they decided not to put in the minigames because they were childish (though I really liked them) , well, they were then compromising to came up with an even better gaming experience, instead, they did nothing and there goes my rant for that.

What really, really bugs me about this game is the rental/custom pass crap. It takes *hours* to set up a pass, then to customize it, then exit all those million of submenus , then finally go battling. Only to discover one pokemon is not doing well within your team, THEN exit your battle to repeat the whole process.

Agh.

Tombstone975

The grass is always greener.
    Years
    In my opion, I think that would be great if they modified it,Not like the The islands in Red and green.It would give you more to do after you beat the game not the same routine.
    "Get every pokemon and beat the Elite Four"
    I would be thinking that Nintendo made something new in that Conclusion.
    I was disapointed to know that was the case.
    They should make the stroyline like the Gamecube games.
    XD,That was interesting because of Mt Battle and the awsome Types of pokemon you could get.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I think there should Be Hohen and Jhoto in one game that would be the shiz they are my two favorite regions and they have the best pokes

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2009
    I wish they would make an advanced DS card so they could put all of them in. Make it Pokemon Earth or something. They already did colours, gems or whatever, so why not elements? Also they could have it so you have to get 8 WORLD badges then take on the World Elite 4 or something like that. It would be a lot of exploring but you wouldn't have to take a long time doing so really. If you still have 8 badges there could be like 2 in each region that way you explore everywhere. Side quests too. It would make the game a lot longer. To tell you the truth I would enjoy it more than these ones and having to restart to play again. You wouldn't want to restart again for a while nor would you have to with the amount of gameplay.

Also there's another theory that popped in my head. What if the game was completely wi-fi. use the point system as suggested and Make it so you can beasically crate your own life in the game. Maybe this should be done on wii but whatever. Anyways Make it so you start off the same way, you get to choose a pokemon, or be given a pokeball by a friend and then you can go choose your own starter. Once you start you are able to choose if you want to pursue a Pokemon trainer life, Pokemon Gym Leader life or and Elite 4 life. Something like that.

Ok so for the trainer life, you can just go around and get your badges and challenge the elite four and blah blah blah same old story. For the Pokemon Gym leader you can choose a gym that you want to be a leader of and if you beat the gym leader you get the position. I don't know, if the gym leader is beaten, give him like...3 days before he can challenge you to get it back or something. This would randomize the gym leaders for badge collecting. For the elite four life, you can choose to train to become the best in the region. Whoever has top wins/losses in the online world that pursues this career would be part of the elite four (top four best) If your wins/losses are better, the same, or say iono, 5 less wins, you can challenge them for their spot. Make the "revenge challenge" a 3 day wait or whatever like the gym leaders. I would enjoy this online life very much. OH also make it so your able to join the Galactics or fight against them on a rival team for world domination or world peace?

I really like these Ideas for a pokemon MMORPG and would buy it in a heartbeat!

Last edited:

Blue Tomoshibi

Pokémon a go-go!
    Years
    I think they should make 4 different games, one for each region, and just have them all able to link to each other. Hardcore fans would buy all four games, each region would have the same plot as they did before, but with enhancements and references to the other three games.

There would be ALOT of location data though.... @_@

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Uh...they made it for other reasons like Celebi.

Years
    I could see it working, as the Regis could be obtained from Hoenn to go back to Sinnoh and get Regigigas, but Platinum kinda crushed that, along with the fact that Sinnoh has already been made, and it doesn't look like they'll be combining them anytime soon.

Back