• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Double Region/One Game

Read 1st post

• Yes Explain____

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • No Explain_____

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    Uhm, no. Why? The only reason it was in G/S/C was because the game was completed too fast and they only put it there so you could challenge Red and the Kanto Champion Blue. After that, the game had nothing in it. Now with WiFi, you have competitive battling,or jst battling with friends casually. So now you just train Pokemon and use them. If you don't have WiFi, well there's always link battling with friends. Anyway, the bottom line is, the after-game is fairly packed and there's no need to extend the sotryline when you have something called Pal-Park there for getting pokemon you wouldn't normally be able to get in-game. So no, they don't need to waste time making it.

This, all Kanto was in GSC was filler so the game wouldn't be as boring. It was a good filler though.

For right now, I'm happy that the battle frontier is coming back.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I like the idea of more than one region. It doesn't have to be like G/S/C with two worlds but rather like the FireRed and LeafGreen remakes with the islands where you can catch new pokemon. Thats the main attraction for me about having 2 regions, being able to catch pokemon from another generation, imagine a G/S/C remake with third or fourth generation pokemon. Maybe it won't add any new excitement but it cuts out tedious searching and trading.

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    I'd LOVE a game where you travel to ALL the regions. Not likely to happen though. Ever. It would make the game worth playing for an extra 150+hours.

pkmn mstr ketz

i love you too
    Years
    it would be good. but if they ever released a game like that, they would be struggling to keep such high standards. What would the next game be? they will probably release one like that once pokemon goes downhill and needs saving. so its unlikely to ever happen. it would be awesome though. especially as the sinnoh region was quite limited, so was kanto...

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    it would be good. but if they ever released a game like that, they would be struggling to keep such high standards. What would the next game be? they will probably release one like that once pokemon goes downhill and needs saving. so its unlikely to ever happen. it would be awesome though. especially as the sinnoh region was quite limited, so was kanto...

if you ask me, the series has gone downhill and they are trying to save it with all the spin offs (ranger, mystery dungeon) but that is a good point, I remember playing sapphire for the first time and feeling disappointed by not being able to go to another region especially since that game was mostly third generation pokemon.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    I wish they would; I loved how in G/S/C, because it was three years later, everything had changed. I loved all the new features, too. It was simply wonderful. However, there is that problem of memory space... *sigh*
    xX

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
    Years
    I think they should try combining all 4 regions into one game.
    That'd be.. really awesome.
    Though it would take a whole lot of work and patience.. but it would definitely sell.
    Not to mention memory space poses a huge issue.

Designation_Leader

I iz ubsessed wit teh kittehz!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    I understand a lot of you guys' reasoning. The amount of storage, continuity, storyline, blah blah blah.

As for connecting regions, it's as simple as using a high speed boat. Nintendo could simply introduce a luxury cruise liner that went to any region you wanted. However, the simple task of walking onto the boat, watch a cut scene, then appear at the designated region is too boring. How about battles on the boat? that would add a sparkle in some trainer's eyes.

And another thing, why not introduce a tournament? Like in the anime, there are many tournaments of sort (Orange Cup, Contests, Silver League, etc) and why not introduce those?

These are good ways to incorporate more than one region into a game, but I'm still going for the storage thing: we're not gonna see more than one region in a game for a long time.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I think that they should create a region just for after beating the region that was already there, be it Sinnoh, Kanto, Johto, etc.

Or maybe they could add on the Whirl Islands or Orange Archipelago (though this one could also be used as an entire game...). :/ Not like a cute diversion like the Sevii Islands were, but a fleshed-out adventure, exclusive to those who beat the first arc of the game.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    You must remember, that in the case of Johto and Kanto, Kanto had virtually nothing to do in it besides the Gym Battles :\

Now, I highly doubt they will ever make another game with Sinnoh in it, seeing as though Platinum is out. ( unless Nintendo decides to make an uber pokemon mmo :3 )

But, I am expecting a Johto remake in the future, so possibly?

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
    Something I loved about Kanto in Gold, Silver, and Crystal, was the fact that you could just go from town-to-town battling gym leaders with no stupid Team Rocket bases or huge boring dungeons filled with trainers. Sure, that stuff makes it more interesting, but I would love to see a game with a watered down version of all four regions like that. To be honest, I think going oh-so-many places and fighting 32 gym leaders is more interesting than only eight gym leaders with an annoying gang-related plot in the way keeping you from going town-to-town. Not saying I don't like that about the games, but don't tell me you've never been playing through one of them and during at least one point in the game you really wished you could just skip a certain part.

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
    YES!!! What they could do is say they come out with platinum, later they make a GBA cartridge that when plugged in gives you access to different regions! That would be epic, and save you space.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    That would be really cool, though I'd probably prefer a Wii game that's played from the exact same perspective as the handheld games except you could explore every region. The better memory would really make it possible IMO.

Years
    i seach the web and the card that nintendo is for the DS is called "Matrix Memory ROM chips" (google it)
    it holds regulary 1GB, it possible that it max size for it can be 8GB. if diamond/pearl data took only 1GB, the a good chance that we can fit all regions in to the card.
    it all depends if nintendo can get the technolgy and people want it that bad

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    Yes, although I'd prefer it to be a bit better than how it was done in GSC. It was nice that they did it, but in those games, there really wan't a whole lot to do there. There were a lot less trainers, no Safari Zone, no major events, and the only gym leader with a team stronger than Lance's was Blue.

Last edited:

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    Also continuing on Agent Zero's point of the geographic ties, it's true. According to Pokemon World maps, Kanto and Johto are linked, whereas Hoenn and Sinnoh are two islands who are as far away from each other as Australia is from America. Ypu can't really link them, and there's nothing to suggest that they may be linked together with another new region.

Good point. As many people know, the structure
    of the "Pokemon world" is based off of Japan.

Below: A picture of the Pokemon regions in relation to Japan.
    Spoiler:

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    They really should. G/S was a classic, but Nintendo won't do it. It's either too much memory to have maps for multiple regions or they think it might affect sales.

Back