• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Dragon Ball Z: Team Training

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 23, 2016
Who do i use the cheat code for pokemons on android for GBA Advanced please tell me because it dosen't work 😢

coolbot100x

who is that? ^
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
This game was a very delightful surprise! I was expecting it to be just a re skin of pokemon using crappy sprites and nothing more (as hacks like this tend to be, take your favorite franchise' characters, put their sprites over the pokemon sprites change some names, boom instant masterpiece) but you really created a clever and unique game that's a lot of fun, i haven't played much yet (only 2 gyms in) but i can't wait to see what else you've added! thanks for your work and effort, you've made something great! (my only complaint is saibamen's back sprite lol)

Years
The 2nd update is available now! I added Ssj Bardock, Golden Oosaru and Hit. The back sprite of Oosaru has been replaced too and it's better now.
I would have liked to add other characters but it's very long to do.
The shinys are in the game by the way. I made the shinys for the 140 characters. Go to the 1st post to see how to get the new characters.

To update the game, you just have to download the new version and put it in the folder instead of your old rom (file .gba). There is nothing complicated about it.
Don't ask me where to download the game, I can't tell you here.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 24, 2018
Hey Z-Max, it's still soon, but the 3 new fighters aren't on the Wikia yet.
Also, we're currently working on the moves list there. I noted that you mentioned not being able to make one on your first post. I sent you a PM as well. Once again, thanks for the awesome patch :). I haven't played any of the nostalgic games of the early 2000s when I was a kid since I didn't have any consoles then (it's the same case today :P), so thanks for the awesome experience. I can see why the Pokemon games are such classics.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 19, 2017
Hey, I'm having some issues with this rom. The first time I forgot to set the save type and now as I'm walkthroughing the game again a few fighters won't evolve suckh like freezer 4 to golden freezer. Any thoughts on it?

EDIT: I realized there was a new version so I download it, but know it says that the save from the older version is not compatible

Last edited:
Years
Pure Rage: You're welcome and it's a pleasure for me to make a game for Dragon Ball Z fans. Good luck and keep up the good work with the move lists ;)

Caramelo94: How do you load your save? You can't load the save states from the 1st version(the 1st version is called "1636 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U)").
When you update the game, you can only load your "normal" save, I mean the in-game save.

So, you need to save from the start menu in the old version and then update the game to keep playing. One last thing: the name of the rom and the save must be the same.
I mean the updated rom is called "Dragon Ball Z-Team Training.gba", then the save file (the file .sav) must have the same name -> "Dragon Ball Z-Team Training.sav".
Otherwise the rom won't find the save.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Z-Max is there any chance you could add Goku Black in the next patch?

I think that would be awesome...!!!!

Years
Is there a way to get a mushroom pre-4kais? I accidentally made freiza forget death ball!

P.S I saw someone with an [legit] ape tail before even battling H. Satan! How?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
How do I get the codes to work because I try and put them in under CodeBreaker and it doesn't work it says invalid code

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2020
hi,three thing i want to say.first,great job making dragon ball z team training.second,i completed the current scouter.finally,i would love if someone make a anime of this game the same way pokemon got a anime.so see ya and looking foward to a new update.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Hey, Z-Max. Forgive my ignorance, but adding in the patch wouldn't erase my progress would it? the reason being i'm about to face the dragon league and I don't want to lose all the progress.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
First of all Z-Max, your rom is great and I really enjoy playing this game! :)

Second, I have noticed two things:
1) Only Aqua can learn surf?

2) After downloading the new update, I noticed that you chanced the serial number of some of the fighter. The problem is that now that scouter shows me fighters the I have (but never saw them and
captured them), and fighters that I have them, they don't appear at the scouter.
For example, before the update I've got Aqua - and his serial number was 94.
After the update, the scouter shows me that I've Kibito and don't have Aqua (Kibito got the number 94, and Aqua got 96).
Is there a way to fix it instead of re-capture some fighters again?

Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
First of all Z-Max, your rom is great and I really enjoy playing this game! :)

Second, I have noticed two things:
1) Only Aqua can learn surf?

2) After downloading the new update, I noticed that you chanced the serial number of some of the fighter. The problem is that now that scouter shows me fighters the I have (but never saw them and
captured them), and fighters that I have them, they don't appear at the scouter.
For example, before the update I've got Aqua - and his serial number was 94.
After the update, the scouter shows me that I've Kibito and don't have Aqua (Kibito got the number 94, and Aqua got 96).
Is there a way to fix it instead of re-capture some fighters again?

Thanks in advance!

1) Yes, Aqua is the only fighter that can learn surf.

2) I have no idea sorry.

Years
You don't lose your save when you download the new version. The only thing is that the data in the scouter(pokedex) is messed up because of the new characters added in it.
The fighters you've caught and seen are not the same when you update the game.

There is a way to fix the problem about the scouter data: Download A-Save and load your save to modify the pokedex data as you wish, you can choose "seen" or "owned" for any fighter.
But it may cause glitches in the game! I'm warning you, I already got a problem with the scouter after using this software. (I couldn't open the scouter again)
Just make a copy of your files. If the scouter works after using A-save, then it's okay.

Back