• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Dragon Ball Z: Team Training

Z-Max do you intend to update to v9 and have evolutions and new characters like moro, piccolo new transformation and etc... I love your hack rom

Hi, im trying to make the rom work on a catridge so i can play it on my gba console, i encounter some problems. if i straight copy the rom it gets stuck on gameboy logo screen. I tried fixing the header with gbata and now works but doesn´t save the game, so i patched the game with fire red batteryless patch now it works saves the first time ok but on the second save, the game will stay on a black screen when loading. anyone knows what could cause this to happen?

Z-Max do you intend to update to v9 and have evolutions and new characters like moro, piccolo new transformation and etc... I love your hack rom

This is as far as it goes unless someone else takes over or Max comes back. He's been gone since last year.

Hello everyone, I don't mean to revive the thread but I'm giving you some news. The project is still suspended (or finished, I don't know which word is appropriate) and for now, the link of the game patch is not available anymore, but I'm going to try and find a solution for this. For now you need to find the link somewhere else.
The good news is that the project is being updated by other people who called their version "Ultimate Team Training", they already added many new characters. I didn't test their version but it seems good, feel free to have a look.

Last edited:
Hello,
I want to ask if there is a list on how to get/obtain EV's in the game.
Do we get them only trough battles against certain fighters like in FR/LG or is there another mechanic to distribute raise/set back the values?
The game is really good and I would love to maximize my favourite fighters.

This one, was actually a lot more fun than I expected it to be. Like yeah, I played it a good while ago, but it was pretty awesome to get some iconic characters and even some unexpected ones added to the team.

Oh, there was an update. Then I should get to work translating the v8.

The ign link for the fighter codes for the encounter code doesn't work anymore. Does anyone have that list?

Hello everyone, I don't mean to revive the thread but I'm giving you some news. The project is still suspended (or finished, I don't know which word is appropriate) and for now, the link of the game patch is not available anymore, but I'm going to try and find a solution for this. For now you need to find the link somewhere else.
The good news is that the project is being updated by other people who called their version "Ultimate Team Training", they already added many new characters. I didn't test their version but it seems good, feel free to have a look.
Hey where is the link to "ultimate team training" where can I find it?

Hello Z-Max I love your work, and I wanted to make a translation of it (i'm italian). Can you DM me or give me an email or something to talk about this in pvt? thanks

Hi everyone, I'm Z-Max and I'm a great fan of Dragon Ball Z. I've made this game from Pokémon Fire Red.
It's a mod in which pokemons are replaced by characters of Dragon Ball Z.

For playing this game, you need to download the patch and the original pokemon game: Pokemon Fire Red US 1.0, then apply this patch on the pokemon rom, and that's it.
I can't help you to find the pokemon rom (it's forbidden). As for the patch, I have no link right now but I'm going to try to find a solution... In the meantime, you can try and find it by typing "DBZ Team Training patch download" on your search engine.

For more information, go to the wikia : https://dragon-ball-z-team-training.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z_Team_Training_Wikia
Many articles have been added to the page by PureRage, you should find what you want if you don't find it here.

Important note: disable the Bios (if it is enabled) in the options of your emulator, no matter the emulator or OS you're using. The Bios may cause the game to freeze.

Some screenshots:
[PokeCommunity.com] Dragon Ball Z: Team Training

Main modifications of the game
-Pokemons are replaced by "fighters" (200 fighters in the last version)
-Fusions
-New maps
-New attacks: 170 attacks including more than 130 new attacks (techniques from Dbz) with new animations of course, and about 30 old attacks (from Pokémon, like Headbutt for example).
A complete list of moves and learnsets might be done in the future, the thing is that it takes a lot of time to do it.
-Battle backgrounds
-Overworld sprites (small sprites on the maps)
-DBZ musics
-New items (capsules, senzu...etc)

Main defects
-Some back sprites (characters from behind) are not really beautiful. But most of them look good enough.
-No strategy in this game, the type advantages are only: Fight beats Dark, Dark beats Ghost and Psychic and a few more changes. Indeed, most characters and moves have the same type, the strategy is not viable.
-Game difficulty: the game is globally easy. The league is pretty hard though.

Fighter list:
Spoiler:

If you want the location of all the fighters, go here (it's under construction): https://dragon-ball-z-team-training.wikia.com/wiki/Where_to_find_Fighters

New items:
Spoiler:

Major changes in V8 (latest update)
Spoiler:

Tips
Look here for the location of dragon balls, how to get legendaries like Whis, Beerus...going to Null Realm and more.
Spoiler:

How to get items
Spoiler:

Fusions
List and way of functioning:
Spoiler:

Cheat codes
Spoiler:

The save
I say it once and for all: the save issue can only be fixed by setting up the emulator.
This problem is from Fire Red original version (1.0). You have to adjust the settings on the emulator to fix it.
When this message: "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed." appears on the screen or when you can't save, follow these steps (for people using Visualboy Advance):

Go to "options" ; "emulator" ; "save type" and choose Automatic and Flash 128K. Then, put the files (emulator and rom) in the same folder.
There must not be a save file (".sav") in the folder before opening the rom. If there is one, close vba, move this file to another place, reopen vba. Now you should be able to save.
I strongly advise you to use Visualboy Advance on PC. If you use a different emulator/device, or if you still can't fix it, you can search on google.
By the way, if you already have a save state and you need to save normally (from the start menu), check this video:

If you're on Android: Use the emulator Myboy and go to Settings, advanced, cartridge type and choose 128. If the Bios is enabled in the options, disable it.
The save should work, but if you're confused and you need more details, you should go on Google or watch videos on Youtube like this one:

If you're on iOS, I can't help you unfortunately. Some people reported that the save cannot work. Do not ask me how to fix it, I won't be able to help.

Credits
Spoiler:
Hello, ¡amazing work! It's been so long since the last update, can i ask if you plan to continue updating the project? Cause I know people would be really happy with a V9. Also, I think you should create a discord, to continue updating the project with the help of more people (I mean artists, soundtrack, etc).

Back